Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Treadmill Time

I know a LOT of people call it the "DREADmill" and prefer running/walking in the great outdoors. I however, am an inside exerciser ... so the treadmill is a great piece of equipment for me.  I don't have to worry about dogs, or weather, and I can go five miles and still only be one minute away from home (good for "mom" emergencies, but that does also make it easy to quit).

A treadmill was the first machine we had in J&G's gym (that and the weights). Back in the day, the gym was really just G's gym, as I (the "J" of that equation) never stepped foot in there. That all changed back in 2006 ... I started walking on the treadmill, and I walked a LOT. I'd up the incline (it went up to 14!) and I'd walk backwards (it had long arms for stabilizing). I had 30+ playlists on my ipod, to match my mood. I walked and I walked ... until one day my treadmill stopped. I had walked it into the ground.

We called a repairman, but it was not able to be fixed.  We got the HR 550i (pictured above) as a replacement.  It's been fine. It doesn't feel quite as sturdy as my original. It only has an incline up to 10 and no long arms. It does fold up to save space, which is a nice option ... but we are lucky enough to have enough room that we rarely need to do that.

I have to admit, since we added the elliptical to J&G's gym, my treadmill has been a bit neglected. As I've gotten revamped for weight-loss, I've also been jumping on the stationary bike more too... but now it's treadmill time again.  The other day, I turned on the treadmill and committed to running (jogging) a WHOLE mile without stopping. That's right, an entire mile! I did it, and I've been doing it almost daily. I'm not following any specific C25K plan or anything, but I do think that (a 5k) is the goal. I did one once, and I'd like to do one again.

Check out this link for some funny treadmill gifs ...
It's good for a little laugh *Ü*


How do you feel about the treadmill?
Check out Skinny Meg's Workout Wednesday for other bloggers ideas.
Post on your blog and share what YOU have been up to lately.

Also ... on the Runs For Cookies blog, there is a nice post with 50 Running Tips, with everything from shoes to some specific tips for treadmill time. I definitely agree with the one about having a fan blowing on you. Of course that pretty much goes for ALL my exercises down in my gym.  I thought there was some good information there.

3 comments:

  1. I perfer the Elliptical over the DREADmill (too funny) but I'm telling ya, nothing better than a god HIGH icline walk on the tredmill. It burns so good every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am an indoor exerciser, but my favorite way to torture myself is with the Stair Master.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Info in the blog is out of this world, I so want to read more. best treadmill for the money

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...