Monday, December 16, 2013

Still Sick

There's been a distinct downturn in exercise and eating the past few days ...

Still sick ... Saturday I did manage to get out to a couple of the boy's basketball games. I didn't feel great but wanted to watch and video. I tried to stay in my own little corner so as not to infect anyone. I rested in bed most of the day yesterday (that's a graph of my day to the left). 

No fever this morning. It comes and goes. I'll go for a bit without coughing and then I can't stop. Sleep ... the nights have been awful. I have been catching some naps during the day. My appetite is non-existent, which is SO unusual for me. I've been trying to make myself eat, but I've barely been able to get to 600 calories these last few days. My fluid intake hasn't been great either, but I'm trying to be conscious of staying hydrated. 

I'm down 7.6 pounds from last Monday.

Hopefully I'll  be able to shake this soon. Ease back into exercise and eating and back to losing weight the right way (and seeing how much of this loss I can convince to stick around and not rebound.)

I miss the me that works out all day, the Energizer Bunny me that just keeps going and going. I'm not that great a housekeeper, but this week, things have really piled up without me doing the minimal stuff I do to keep things somewhat straight. I'm attempting some laundry today.  Wish me luck!


6 comments:

  1. oh no! This isn't good...have you been to the doc yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated the doctor, but all my symptoms seem spot on for the flu, which the doctor can't do anything for. I just hate to go spend the time and money (we're out of pocket with a 10K deductible) when I'm 90% sure they are just going to tell me to rest and wait it out (that's what happened last Feb when I had what pretty much felt like the same thing).

      Delete
  2. yeah, have you seen the doctor yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really debated - I'm just so sure it's the flu. Everything seems spot on for that. And it's a virus, no antibiotics for that. Sometimes if you get in early enough you can get the Tamiflu, but that is about $100 a pop too. This medical stuff is just so expensive. If we had better insurance I might have gone just to be sure or to see if there was something to maybe help with the cough/sleep. I did have some prescription cough syrup from the last time I went in, but it hasn't seemed to help these last couple nights either.

      Delete
  3. take care of yourself, hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon! And take it easy. The housework will still be there when you get better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...