Thursday, January 9, 2014

AchieveMint Update

(Be sure to check out the most recent Achievemint Update too)

A while back, I did a post about the various reward sites out there (Reaping the Rewards). Programs I could simply link my Fitbit and forget about it. I am going to be exercising anyway, I might as well earn a little something if it's being offered. I did a review of my experience with Everymove (EveryMove Update), and now it's time for my AchieveMint Update.

Honestly, I've been putting this one off for a bit, because I wasn't sure which way the review was going to go. I'll admit to some frustration with this company. The other program's rewards were often simply discounts in disguise, so I could see how they worked, receiving sponsor ships and such from participating companies. THIS program however promised a cash reward! $25 for 25,000 points.

Now granted, it does take a while to achieve that many points. But I'm pretty active, and with  my Fitbit and Aria scale, I was also getting points for tracking sleep and weighing in, in addition to my exercise. I joined back in May or June, and by the end of August, I had hit my goal. I could cash in, or roll over, earning and extra 5000 points if I continued on toward 50,000 points and a $50 payout.

I chose to get my reward ... because I wanted to see if I would actually get my reward.
I didn't get my reward.

I emailed customer service and they said they would look into it. I got an email asking me to update my name and address so they could process it. Still waiting. I posted on their Facebook page that I was still waiting (weeks after)  and again got the response that they were looking into it. 

At this point ... I kind of gave up. I mean, I hadn't invested anything. I hadn't paid anything out, my activity had been for me, not for this reward. But it would have been nice. I anticipated doing this update and telling people it just wasn't paying out.

I didn't disconnect my account, and every once in a while I'd get email updates, and what do you know... I earned the $25 reward AGAIN. I hadn't received the first award earned back in August, but yea! I did it again.  Again I was offered the roll-over or the reward. Again I chose the reward.


Is my reward on it's way?
Is it really?

I decided to follow up one more time ... I may or may not have mentioned I was going to review my experience on my blog. I got an email back apologizing for the delay/mixup/what not and an assurance that all rewards to others had been paid out without a problem.

I did receive my reward. $50, plus they threw in an extra $25 for my trouble. A $75 payout ... not too bad for simply linking up my Fitbit account several months ago. That's almost what I paid for the Fitbit!  Now a couple extra notes on the payment. It wasn't a check, it was a "Virtual Visa" debit card. Being the skeptical person I am, I HAVE made a couple purchases online and they went through fine. There was some fine print (you have to be 18 years of age, which I don't believe I read before ... my 14 year old has an Achievemint account, and has hit his first 25,000 points but we did go ahead and roll his over, but now I'm wondering about his payout). The Visa has a limitation that you can't apply it to anything over the credit amount (I mean that is obvious, but it seem you should be able to pay with it then with another form of payment), so it's probably a bit tricky using it up entirely. It must be used only for online/phone orders, not where an actual card is required. Rewards are limited to residents of the United States (sorry my peeps out of the country!)

I was wondering if there was a limit to the rewards (one per person, etc.) but I can't see that being the case. I'm not sure HOW this program is funded ... but I'll stay connected and see how it goes. 

**  I included my recent experiences with this program in my Fitness Rewards Update (06/2014) and Another Achievemint Update (07/2015) so check those out for more recent information *Ü* At one point they had a waiting list for people wanting to join, and did limit rewards ... once you earned it once you were done.

**As of May 13, 2016 ... Achievemint revised it's points plan (earning is a little slower now) but also removed the threshold limits (which had vacillated between as much as $100, which I earned, and $25 for recent members).  I had some points piled up, so I've hit the "redeem" button on my account and I'll update again when/if I receive my latest reward.  Check out my Achievemint Update ... Update post *Ü*

I do absolutely give Achievemint a thumbs up recommendation at this point!
Follow this link to join and receive 250 points to start you off!


21 comments:

  1. Yep, no, not tracking anymore. Taking each day's fitness activity for what I can do/want to do/have time to do. The only caveats are that it must be at least 6 times a week, with a minimum of 30 minutes on the days I do it, maximum 60 minutes. Otherwise, I go with my flow. Sorry this was such a pain in the arss to get resolved, but glad they ponied up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally got your reward. I might have to look into these reward programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was not happy with everymove. I never was able to get a reward i wanted! This seems promising but if they never pay you why bother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Everymove, I mainly just donate to charity. I've "earned' almost $50 for the Make A Wish foundation. That reward is almost always available. Other than that, there hasn't been much that interested me, although I was able to snag an Amazon $5 giftcard twice! I keep watching and hope that comes up again! Achievemint is definitely worth a try ...

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried any of those reward programs, but I'm glad you've been able to sort things out and get your reward for working out. Sounds like it was a very frustrating experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up for Achievement not long ago, I'm hoping I don't have much trouble with the payout. What a hassle for you! The virtual card sucks, but hey, free money is free money right!
    I found this on their site:
    Q.
    Who funds the rewards?
    A.
    AchieveMint rewards are sponsored by companies who want to promote healthy activities. Additionally, AchieveMint aggregates and anonymizes activity data (we never reveal personal information or individual level data) and provides insights to companies who want to understand health trends.

    My guess is, it's mostly companies that pay them for statistical info for their marketing research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I had no idea such a thing even existed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received two $25.00 payouts to date. They were about 7 weeks out after submittal but I received them. I was earning points using My Fitness Pal by entering my daily intakes and with my BodyMedia armband "steps". Thought this was all great until sometime in January 2015, I noticed my "steps" were not being added in. Have contact them for several months and "Charles" keeps telling me they are working on it but I have pretty much given up. Guess I will have to get a FitBit to earn steps points in the future. Hope this helps out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I have been on contact with "Charles" as well. I heard that Jawbone took over BodyMedia but then was no longer supporting them? I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I know with Fitbit you can disconnect, and then try to reconnect, but I know once when I had trouble I did need someone from Achievemint to do it from their end. I'm glad you got a couple payouts at least - I do like to hear other people's interaction with the company, so thanks for taking the time to post. I hope they get it figured out so you can earn a little more. :)

      Delete
  8. Achievemint is still having payout issues. :\ 82 days, two emails to support, and still nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got a payout today (me & my son, submitted a couple of months ago) ... did you? Sometimes I think they do them all at once. Check your email and let us know! ;)

      Delete
  9. As of this very moment, Achievemint told me that I have reached the "threshold" for earning rewards. In other words, if I ever get a check from them, I can't ever get another one... But I just redeemed my first $25 check. Weird. Maybe it's not working out as good as they'd hoped? Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should have read your most recent update. But still, I think it's weird that I only earned $25 and that was my threshold...

      Delete
    2. Try writing customer service. I have heard back from one person that in doing that, and questioning the $25 threshold (as it had been $100 in the past), it was reset to another chance to earn ... LMK! ;)

      Delete
  10. I never even made it to my reward because I had trouble with them not crediting me points for over 3,000 steps and a few exercises that I logged. I emailed with a guy there for 5 months and I got one excuse after the other! Finally I emailed them to close the account and I haven't heard from them in 3 days! I tried calling, but the only option is to leave a message so I did that. I also tried messaging them through their Facebook page and haven't heard back on there either! So aggravating!!! I finally disconnected my Fitbit myself! Beware to anyone thinking of signing up. I also noticed you can't rate them on Facebook and their itunes rating is only 2.5 stars...not good! I'm glad you got your money, at leats that made it worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I was in contact with "Charles" too. No help at all.

      Delete
    2. I dealt with Charles a few times over the years, but always got results. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I just hit enough points to redeem a $10 today ... we'll see what happens this time. Thanks for checking in here with your side of the story!

      Delete
  11. How does it calculate your points? I havery multiple step different days and it didn't give me an points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a tracker (Fitbit, Garmin, etc) and have you linked it to Achievemint? The points should generate automatically after that, based on your activity. On Sunday, for 10k I got 27 points, yesterday for 25k I got 44 points ... the day before I got 47 for just 22k, so I'm not exactly sure how they calculate though! ;)

      Delete
  12. I have been using my fitbit to count steps towards the achievemint 10k point goal and have noticed that if my fit bit logs 10,380 or so steps the Achievemint app only credits with like 9000 steps. This is a real @#$%py program

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I haven't paid too much attention to the exact steps, but I just went in and looked and while my steps for today aren't perfectly synced (yet) ... they are for the past few days I checked. Sometimes it takes a bit for the sync to catch up ... from your device to the Fitbit website, and then from there to the Achievemint program. But as Achievemint has updated again, it takes more steps to earn points too. I honestly don't know if you get many more (or any really) points for just a 1380 step difference. No program is perfect, but the points do add up ... eventually!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...