Friday, May 16, 2014

WWI#44 & My "Pissed-Off Playlist"

It's Friday. I don't say that with the same glee most of you do. I prefer the Mon-Thurs routine. I just do better with eating and exercise during the week. But Friday is time for my weekly weigh-in and Friday Five post. I do like checking in each week ...

Sunday was Mother's Day ... food and fitness were NOT good on Mother's Day. Ate too much and didn't exercise. So it was no surprise when the scale bumped up Monday morning. Then as I got into my Monday-Thursday routine, the numbers went down ... one pound by Tuesday, another pound down by Wednesday, another Thursday. Not that I actually gained/lost three pounds, but I was happy to at least see the scale moving in the right direction. Still nothing under 150 ... maybe I can get back to that this week!

NUMBERS: Weight is down .8 from last Friday's weigh-in, although my weekly average was up just a bit. High was Monday morning at 154.8. Low was yesterday at 151.2.  I had a weekly deficit, but only -1312.  I really thought I had done better eating/exercise wise this week, but I guess my bad Sunday threw the averages off. Average intake 2214. Average burn 2691.

I'm linking up with Fitness Friday and Fantastic Friday and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.  



 Time for my 
Friday Five

Courtney at Eat, Pray Run shared Five Reasons To Run Without Music in her blog post today.  But ... I NEED music, it really motivates me. I've collected a grundle of songs with a BPM of 160, which is my perfect pace (just 5mph for me). Songs where my footfalls match the beat of the music. I've shared a couple playlists before (TopPopHits and FavoriteInspirations) and still have more that I'm organizing into categories. Today, I thought I'd share my...


 "Pissed Off Playlist" 
My FIVE favorite songs when I'm a little ornery or off ... or even when I'm not.

These five songs are great for when you're feeling a little angry and just want to pound the pavement (or treadmill, in my case). When you've got things bottled up and you want to let them out. If there is a certain person you might be thinking about as you sing along. Even if I'm NOT ornery, I still get a kick out of some of these tunes.These can't help but get my heart pounding and ironically, put me in a better mood!


  • Shut Up: The title pretty much says it all.
  • What The Hell: Actually, there are a FEW of Avril's songs that could make this list, but this one is my favorite. I can identify with the statement "All my life I've been good but now ... what the hell!" This is just a tad slower (BMP of 150) but I can still make it match the 5mph setting on the treadmill, I just take slightly larger steps or something. La la la la la ....
  • Everyday I Love You Less and Less:  This song was in the movie "Run Fatboy Run" which is pretty funny if you haven't seen it. Something about this song just struck me, it's hilarious really. I'm happily married ... but I feel like this would be a great breakup song!
  • Leave Me Alone: This song doesn't feel as "hard" as the others, but still has the same angry message. Perfect for any day someone makes you feel like you can't do this weight-loss thing ... just listen to this song! This has been a favorite jogging song of mine for years.
  • Awake and Alive: When my hubby first heard this song, he looked at me and asked "YOU like this?" ... yes, yes I do. I really do! "I'm awake I'm alive, now I know what I believe inside. Now is my time, I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life! I'm awake and I'm alive!" It's got such a strong beat and a strong message.
But Jen ... you are so nice and so sweet. Ok, usually I am, but EVERYONE has those moments when they just feel like screaming and shouting a bit, right? In truth, I usually don't listen to all five of these songs back to back (unless I'm REALLY in a bad mood), but I do enjoy having them in my main playlist mix. Just thought I'd share them with you! 

Linking up with my Friday Five Favs ... (in addition to the DC Bloggers), Five on Friday at Hello Happiness, Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In.


4 comments:

  1. love your song choices and descriptions! made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always crack me UP!!! I like upbeat, bass thumping songs - I don't need any angry songs. LOLOL!! Even though I am sure they get the blood boiling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the playlist sometimes its good to be pissed off haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I love the angry music! Sometimes you just need to get the agression out. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...