Friday, July 18, 2014

Zumba Favorites and WWI#52

Ah Zumba ...I've had a bit of an off week, and today for the first time, I felt BACK. At Zumba, feeling the energy and the joy. There were a few of my favorite numbers today, I'm sure that helped knock me back into the mood. I think everyone has some favorites when it comes to Zumba. Whether it's the music or the moves, the instructor's smile and energy ... or just the simple fact of it being a number you KNOW. That you are familiar enough with the steps that you can easily dance along. For the Friday Five today, I thought I'd feature five of my favorite routines I've learned in the various classes I've attended.



I think I loved this one from the first time it was introduced. I went home and purchased the song, and was happy when I found the video on YouTube. A few weeks went by without it coming up in the rotation, I mentioned that we should do it to the instructor and the very next song she did! We did this one today in class (after a small suggestion from me).  



This was another "love" at first dance. I'd actually seen the song come across the official Zumba Facebook page, but hadn't checked out the moves. But I recognized it when it came on in class that same day. Very catchy and easy to follow.



I remember the first time I saw this number, my eyes were glued to the instructor's feet, just trying to follow along. Once I got the steps, this has been a favorite! I COULD actually do this one without looking at the instructor now!


This one has been popular in many classes .... and each instructor does seem to do parts of it differently. The main part, the kick and side hop is the same (although several instructors only do it twice and then move into different steps).



This one was not originally a favorite, but it has really grown on me! It's pretty funny to even imagine a bunch of older ladies getting down to this ... I know MY kids are shocked that I know this song (much less dance to it and like it!) I thought this was a good one to include, in light of the comic strip I started with.

It was hard to choose just five. I'll have to share some other favorites in the future! I do have a pretty good YouTube playlist going ...

This does go along with the theme of the DC Bloggers ((Courtney, Mar and Cynthia) Friday Five.  Other Friday linkups ... Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In.

And now it's time for my week recap and weigh-in ...


... and, the exact same weight I was last week. I did fluctuate a bit more during the week, hitting a high of 155.3. Low was 151.8. The average was up slightly. 2379 was the average calories in. 2767 was the average burn, which is lower than usual.

It's been an off week. A little over a week ago, I tried soccer for the first time in years and by Saturday morning, my legs were SO stiff and sore. I didn't get much in on Saturday, and took Sunday as a rest day. I was not feeling super motivated Monday morning ... and then had a barfing boy, which pulled me away from my Zumba class. I still ended up getting good numbers Monday, but just felt like I was dragging Tuesday/Wednesday... instead of reinvigorating and motivating me, my rest day seemed to have done just the opposite. Made me lazy.  Thursday I had another child down with the stomach flu, I didn't get much done that day. Scout camps and some other stuff added to some emotional turmoil so ... not a great week. I guess I'm glad I simply stayed steady!

I didn't get weights in this week. 
It's the first week I've missed in quite a while!

This next week will have some stuff going on (my anniversary, state holiday, vacation prep) so we'll have to see how it goes! There's always something, isn't there?

How was your week?

I'm linking up with  Fitness Friday with Jill and Aubrey  
and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh I definitely have my favorite zumba songs.......cool downs! ha ha ha. No seriously, there are some songs that I ADORE. THere are some songs that I HATE...simply because they whip my butt each and every time....but I LOVE when they come on because I'm determined to beat the song and get to the point where it is 'easy'. Yeah, maybe I"m a masochist. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...