Monday, September 1, 2014

... and the "Weekend" isn't over

... ah, the WICKED weekend! Weight is up this Monday morning, which isn't surprising at all. I was actually quite good on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday... NOT good for eating or exercise. And with today being a holiday (hubs and #1 are working,  but the kids are out of school) it doesn't feel like my usual "Motivated Monday" ... although Zumba IS still on, and I'll be heading out to it shortly.

Three of my five boys had due dates of September 5th. As we got close, we always wondered if I'd be "laboring" on Labor Day. None of them happened to hit on a Monday, but it does make for a birthday week here in our home. Thursday #4 turned eleven. Yesterday, #3 turned fourteen. Next Sunday, #1 turns nineteen. That's a lot of birthday cake temptation! 


So no "taking the day off" as far as eating & exercise for me today! I'm not sure if I'll get in my usual big Monday numbers, but I'll do my best. We went out to Texas Roadhouse on Saturday night, and had the big family barbeque last night, so I think today should be fairly normal. I hope I can reverse the scale shift (it took a while last week after my Monday high), get one more birthday behind us, get back on the school schedule (what's with this "holiday" after the kids haven't even been for one week?) and see if I can't drop into those elusive 140s ...


Dang weekends! Linking up with MIMM and the Motivation Monday team.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, I have two kids with birthdays in the same week, so I understand this situation from experience! It sounds like you handled it pretty well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...definitely temptation. At least they all have different birthdays. My niece and nephew share a birthday with each other. 4 years and 10 minutes apart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...