Thursday, October 16, 2014

TOL - Shaving & Fall

Fall can be a wonderful season. In years past, it seems like we skipped Fall, going straight from Summer to Winter snow. But this year ... it's Autumn, and it's nice! Leaves are changing colors, the days are getting shorter and the cooler weather has come.

We had our first cool down a few weeks ago. We pulled out our hot chocolate maker, but have yet to turn on the heat. I enjoy opening the windows and letting the fresh air in. As the first "official" day of Fall hit, I noticed the comic above come across my Facebook feed and couldn't help but laugh. I HAD started wearing the long workout wear instead of my usual shorts of summer and had wondered if I could get away with skipping a shaving session or two.  As I was looking for the illustration above to use here in my post, I found a few others along the same lines ...



I don't think I'll ever give up shaving for any real length of time ... but I do get a little laid back when the legs aren't actually on display during the day. My jammies are still short though ... and hubs likes the smooth legs, so I will keep on shaving. Especially if I'm anticipating any action *Ü*

My oldest son even brought up shaving the other day. He finds shaving his face a huge pain and commented "I don't know how you women do it, legs have to be hard!" I actually don't think they are that bad ... although sometimes I do see stray hairs missed around the knees. Knees are hard!

Hubs will sometimes go a few days without shaving. I don't really mind. I like the look of a little stubble. It's manly. But just a couple days ... then it gets too bushy. It's almost strange to go back to the baby soft skin of a freshly shaved face after having the stubble there.  I do start to tease Hubs a bit when the hair on his face is longer than the hair on his head (and that only takes a few days to do!)

So ... that's my Thinking Out Loud for today.
What are your thoughts about shaving?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...