- Friday: Zumba, elliptical and WEIGHTS. I finally did them! Calorie intake was high with snacking during the day, and #2 bringing home Popeye's chicken in the evening.
- Saturday: I jogged! #5's basketball games are at the gym with a track above it. #3 manned the video camera, so I hit the track. I can totally watch and cheer him on while getting in a workout. I haven't "run" in forever, but it felt good. Got in elliptical today too ... but eating? Ouch! Grabbed donuts after basketball, and went out to dinner in the evening.
- Sunday: Physical ouch ... whether from the weights or the jogging, or both, but I was definitely feeling it. Actually did 40min on the elliptical (I haven't been getting in any exercise on Sundays). Eating was still pretty high with our Sunday Circles, and homemade oreos in the evening.
- Monday: Zumba, an hour of elliptical, and one mile treadmill incline. Still feeling sore ... and eating too much. Making Lemon Jello Cake didn't help with the calories (but it was yummy!)
- Tuesday: Zumba in the morning, an hour of elliptical during the day. 1 mile on the treadmill, and 10 miles on the bike. I was happy to get through my book. I've been loving reading again, but hadn't been doing much on the bike. Calories still over 2000, but not as bad as the other days.
- Wednesday: Took it a little easy today, just Zumba and one show on the elliptical (40min). Ice cream has been a temptation lately!
- Thursday: Zumba in the morning, elliptical during the day, and then Zumba again at night.
Friday, March 27, 2015
WWI # 88 - SameO
Well, weight is exactly the same as last week, which I guess is a good thing, as eating was still atrocious this week. I'm not sure what it is. Am I extra hungry? Am I craving sugar and snacks, or am I just eating because ... it tastes good, it makes me happy (for a time anyway)? I'm really not binging, I'm not out of control. I'm writing it all down. I'm conscious of it. I just can't quite get the self-control to reign it in and improve the content. I just keep trying to out-cardio my calories.
As far as exercise, it actually was a better week (although my numbers weren't as impressive as I might have anticipated). I actually did weights. I jogged the track. I hiked on the treadmill. I biked ... all in addition to my usual elliptical and Zumba.
Here's a quick rundown of the week ...
NUMBERS: Actual weight came in exactly the same as last week. Average was up though (.86). Average intake was 2614. Average daily burn was 2794. No deficit, I was over by 1278 calories.
I know the eating is more of a mental thing, than me actually being hungry. Food is just so at the center of so many enjoyable activities (going out to eat, family breakfast, making cookies for the kids, popcorn with a movie). But that's not even the main problem for me ... it's being home, with all the treats right here. I know that is in my control too (I mean the kids would revolt if I didn't buy a bunch of the stuff I do, but I knowingly buy things I know I can't resist). Gotta work on that! Part of the problem too, is that I feel pretty good where I'm at. Yes, I'd like to lose 5-15 more pounds, but most of the time I'm happy with what I see in the mirror, and even in the recent family photos. It makes me lack the motivation ... and enjoy my snacks!