- I adore the free shipping. Before, I'd try to add things to my cart to exceed $25 (now $35) to get the free shipping and sometimes, I'd buy things I didn't really need to get it. With Prime, I place an order when I want without waiting. Although I'm willing to wait a bit. I usually don't NEED 2-day shipping. Another money saving trick I love ... if you aren't in a rush (just practice patience and buy ahead) you can elect "no rush" shipping, and Amazon will credit you $1 for a future digital purchase (music, ebooks or streaming shows). I've had my eye on a book, and I'll now get it for free because of multiple purchases I've waited a few extra days for shipping on!
- We have Netflix, and at first I wasn't too interested in Amazon's streaming. I am now. There are a ton of good movies and television programs. They added a lot of HBO content, and picked up NickJr stuff (BluesClues, Dora, etc) that Netflix dropped. We do still have Netflix, but I like having my Amazon backup (as at times two people are already watching, and that is the Netflix limit. If that happens, I always make sure I have an Amazon show I'm watching while I exercise).
- I love reading! I have a huge collection of digital books in my Kindle Cloud that I've picked up for free (from Pixal of Ink and Book Bub), and I have a list a mile long at my local library. Amazon has introduced it's KindleUnlimited plan, but as a Prime member, you can borrow any of those books. The Kindle Lending Library is limited to one per month, but it's just another perk of Prime membership (you do have to have an actual Kindle for this, not just an app).
- My husband has been a fan of Spotify, and my son paid out for a BeatsMusic membership. Amazon now includes music streaming as part of the Prime package. Hubs just cancelled Spotify and switched to Amazon and seems satisfied (and I like the monthly savings!)
- Dropbox and Google and other companies are competing in their offers of online storage space. The price has really dropped lately, which I love. As I logged onto Amazon this morning (to place an order, no rush shipping for my $1 credit) I received the little notice above that I wasn't taking advantage of the photo storage plan. Unlimited photo storage. It's always nice to have a backup, and another online storage option.
Do you pay for Prime? Is it worth it to you?