Monday, July 20, 2015

Vacation Steps - 35k in a Day

I am not one for vacations. My anxieties kick in just thinking about it. The hours of travel, the unfamiliar and crowded tourist destinations, the food (I'm super picky). I'm just a homebody. My BIL and his family are on the opposite end of the scale. They planned out a month long European vacation for this summer. London, Paris, Italy, Rome, and Barcelona. My MIL joined them for the first leg of the trip, and my hubs decided to join them on the last leg. His passport arrived July 7, he left July 8 ... he was supposed to be back tonight, but a long line at customs and security made him miss his flight, so we won't get him home until tomorrow. :(  I have enjoyed his vacation vicariously though. 

Hubs currently has a Fitbit Zip, which is a nice device for traveling. It doesn't need charging, as it has a regular, replaceable battery. I went into his Fitbit account and changed his settings to adjust to the eight hour time difference. The first days were travel and travel recuperation ... then he met up with his brother and his family and ...

That was quite a day! Over 35K in steps! That earned him a new Fitbit badge for most steps walked in a day. That was their biggest day, but he continued to rack up impressive step counts as they saw all the sights.  Of course that also resulted in this ...

 
 
 OUCH!

  Some of the sights ...
 


LATE dinners ...

 Traditional snacks still ...

...and LOTS of gelato!
 
We'll have to see which wins out for a weigh-in ...
all the walking, or all the eating!


Hubs did pull ahead on the Fitbit steps. I just could not keep up with all his activity (no actual "exercise" though). Hubs was pretty proud as he took over the #1 spot. He had to send me this screen grab :) Of course, today, he's been on planes all day, and I have retaken the lead (and #2 son slipped into #1 position for a bit before I took it over again). 

It's been the summer of Hub's European vacation ...
but I'm ready to have him home again!

Gray Goes To Europe
(Family Blog Post - link to MORE pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...