Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What I'm Watching - Sense8

Time for another edition of TV Tuesday. Television shows are my distraction/motivation while I exercise. While on the elliptical or treadmill, or even doing my weight workout, that's when I watch.

We have both Netflix and Amazon Prime. As I needed a new program, I decided to give a Netflix Original a try. Sense8. It was pretty bizarre, and definitely not network TV (more profanity, nudity and sex even than many HBO shows). And if homosexuality is hard for you to handle, you'll probably have a tough time. After a bit of a bumpy start, getting to know the characters and such, the story was quite intriguing. Weird. Bizarre ... but good. A couple of times I'd only planned on a quick 10 minute session, and ended up staying on my machines for a longer workout.

I've always loved accents ... this show had a LOT. The eight main characters are spread all over the world, and of course they all speak English. Accented English. I was glad for subtitles/captions (which I have on all the time if they are available).

It was a bit over the top ... too paranormal for my husband to enjoy at all. I'm into that stuff though. It jumped around a lot. Not all the characters were that likeable, especially at the start, but they all grew on me. It was interesting to see how everyone has their own strengths. All the sensates were new actors to me (I've never seen them in anything else). Naveen Andrews (Sayid from Lost) and a small role for Daryl Hannah were the only familiar faces.

I really hadn't heard about this show anywhere ... it was just one I happened to see added on Netflix, and I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

... and that's what I've been watching. 
What to watch next ...

Anyone else watched this show? Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...