Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TV Tuesday - Summer Series



It's TV Tuesday ... time for another episode of "What I'm Watching".

I only have a few series that I follow throughout the year. Grey'sAnatomy, Good Wife ... I'd finished up The Walking Dead right after it aired, but Hubs just BARELY made it to the last few episodes. And that is why I didn't wait for him! Being a little more action packed, it's a good one to workout with ... gets the adrenaline pumping. 

MY shows finished up months ago though, which really isn't a problem for me. I have tons of possibilities in my Netflix queue and Amazon Prime list to keep my occupied whilst I elliptical.  I know there are several "summer series" ... but I usually just wait, rather than watching anything week to week.

I did make some exceptions this year ...
The new series Humans caught my eye. I liked the movie "I Robot" and the series "Battlestar Galactica" and the "Partials" book series ... all with a cyborg theme. We do have cable to access AMC, but I am not one to watch when a show is actually on, and our cable doesn't include the gym television.  Luckily, with my PlayOn/Play Later service, I could record the shows to my computer, then stream them to the Roku downstairs. I quite liked this series. It was too short. I'm sad it's over (for now). I was actually quite excited to go elliptical just to find out what was going to happen next. 

As I mentioned in last week's post, I also went ahead and watched the Wayward Pines miniseries, also reading the trilogy over the summer months. I know Falling Skies, Extant and Under the Dome were airing new summer episodes as well ... but I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.  I'm both waiting for the season to be done (to watch the episodes back to back rather than waiting a week in-between) and in the case of Falling Skies, for it to become Prime (I don't want to pay to purchase!) 

Hubs was super excited for the second season of True Detective. For me ... I just had a hard time following it, especially watching week to week. It is one that would have been better to wait and catch the episodes back to back. I wasn't the only one less than impressed with it (according to talk I've heard). 

Do you catch any of the Summer Series?

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually watch much TV....the walking dead and impractical jokers are the only things. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...