Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Zumba August 2015

Marian's Morning Class in West Jordan. 

August 2015 Stats


I hit 29 Zumba classes during the month of August. I did double (back to back even) classes on Monday mornings, and double classes on Thursdays (one in the morning, one in the evening). I didn't hit any Saturday classes in August though ... with basketball games and family outings, Saturday mornings were pretty booked, and it's a sleep in day ;) With school starting back up, I got back to Heather Jones's class on Friday (a little further, but the only one that works with the late start at the middle school). It was fun to get back to that one!

I like to post my "winners" for the month ... the highest average heart rate, highest steps, highest calorie burn. Sometimes the three different stats are achieved by three different classes, and sometimes they all are credited to one. That is the case this month. My Wednesday, August 19th class with MZL hit highs in all three categories. Class was 66minutes long, and those few extra minutes do help push the final stats up, but it was a great class that day.


Here are a few snapshots from some of the other classes this month ...
(Well, I guess they are all actually from Mountain View. Thursdays in West Jordan). 

Silvia is one of the helpers at Mountain View. She has the moves!

Kristen Swinton and I have been Facebook friends for a while, but had never met in real life. She is a Zumba instructor over on the East side (Cottonwood/Holiday area) with both free and paid classes. She had a Thursday free and decided to come hit a class with us at MountainView. It was fun to meet her in person, and of course we had her do a few numbers too!

One week at Mountain View, we didn't have a key to the building. That can't stop us though! Marian plugged her ipad into her car speakers and we Zumba-ed in the parking lot. It was a nice cool morning with a breeze, and it was almost preferable to the hot church gym! It's not the first time this has happened, and it probably won't be the last!

3 comments:

  1. Where are you? I read, but usually don't comment. I miss your updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been so discouraged lately ... weight keeps climbing. Still exercising but can't seem to control the eating :(

      Delete
    2. I also miss your updates Jen and hoped everything was okay with you. Maybe taking a break from here will be a good thing - just don't be too hard on yourself. Here's a little piece I read recently that might be timely.

      “At the end of the day, tell yourself gently: "I love you, you did the best you could today, and even if you didn't accomplish all you had planned, I love you anyway.”

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...