Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekly Weigh-In #151

Uggg, up again. I was really active this week. In addition to my hour of elliptical and regular Zumba classes, the little boys and I would head over to the church gym for an hour a day. They would play basketball and I'd practice some songs and steps while I supervised. But it's the eating ... can't out cardio the calories... yet controlling  both quality and quantity is a super struggle for me.

NUMBERS: Up 2.3 pounds :(  Average was up 1.94 (165.7). Average intake for the week was 2429. Average daily burn 2925. Crunching the numbers, I ended with a deficit of -1596. Average steps for the week was 24106. I didn't get in a weights session, 1008 active minutes, 84.63 miles. FOOD: Not a good week, I just kept eating. Didn't manage a day under 2000. FITNESS: The extra hour of Zumba several days this week did push numbers up. Four days over a 3000 burn (ala Fitbit), two days over 30k. I got in my hour of elliptical six days. Nine hours of Zumba, two sessions on the bike. FAMILY: The two teens were playing in a basketball tournament over the weekend. #3 had a very social week, with friends over at our home, and me running him elsewhere every other night. Here's a quick week recap ...


  • Friday (0610): Got in my hour of elliptical, and while I didn't hit a Zumba class, I did get in an hour practice on my own. Made gingersnaps ... ate gingersnaps.
  • Saturday (0611): Hour of elliptical, a session on the bike and mowed the front lawn. Overate.
  • Sunday (0612): Just one 20min session on the elliptical. 
  • Monday (0613): Motivated Monday! An hour of elliptical, Zumba with Southziders and another hour of practice, plus a session on the bike. Calories well under burn but still a little over goal.
  • Tuesday (0614): Three 20min sessions on the elliptical, I lead Marian's Zumba class, then got in my practice hour too. 
  • Wednesday (0615): Hour of elliptical, Zumba with MZL and then an hour of practice. Also some shopping and dinner prep steps. High calorie intake today though.
  • Thursday (0616): Hour of elliptical, Zumba with MountainView, then my practice hour (boy's basketball time). Not doing well with calorie intake this week.

 The boys going to visit Grandma's kittens.

 Monday at Southziders.

 Tuesday's Fitbit ChargeHR stats for Zumba

Summer sleep-in (yes, he slept out on the couch)

Picture from #1 son (mission in Mexico)


2 comments:

  1. I try to put cardio calories all the time and it just doesn't work! Darn it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate, Jen. I think you're doing a wonderful job, being a wife and busy mother, cooking, cleaning, baking, Zumba class! (I so want to try Zumba one day! Am I too old at 58?) I hear you on the food, I haven't made fantastic choices lately; my Fit Bit and I need to come to terms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...