Monday, March 13, 2017

Weekly Review #189

Blech. Highest weight in ... since before I lost the weight 12 years ago? I keep thinking "It can't go up anymore, can it?" I mean of COURSE it can, but back then when I hit that high (185), I wasn't exercising at all. I wasn't logging my food. While I'm not as active as I have been over the years, and my eating is atrocious (but I've never been able to get that under control so there's really no changes there) ... I HAVE still been exercising and tracking. According to the numbers, I really should have been maintaining ... and that's 20+ pounds ago. 

I'll admit. I'm quite discouraged. There was some obvious comfort food this weekend ... which of course doesn't help anything. I wish I could at least benefit from the depression diet rather than the "I want to eat everything" emotions.



NUMBERS: Up 1.9 pounds. Average up .94 (182.14). Average intake 2614. Average burn 2557. Yes, intake more than burn. Over by 3042 when crunching the numbers. Average steps 15249. 106,742 total steps for the week. 59.1 exercise miles. 560/528 cardio minutes. 60min weights.  ACTIVITY: I got in my hour of elliptical five days, two Zumba classes, two sessions on the bike, one time on the treadmill, and one workout with weights.


A look at my Life Cycle. 
I'm always a homebody, but even more so this week. No basketball to get me out of the house. #5 did have a tournament, but it was in Logan (2 hours away ... too far for me). I caught a little of it online, as one of the other moms streamed some on Facebook live. 

Basketball (or the lack of it) also affects driving time. Carpool time is also down, as #2 can bring #3 home from school now, and with the middle-school play finished up, one of the other moms has resumed her rotation in the school carpool. 

No "other" activities ... appointments or eating out or anything. Just some shopping to restock groceries. 

Here's a look at the day by day ...

  • Monday (0306): Bit of a draining day due to some basketball team drama and philosophical discussions. Made gingersnaps, but kept calories in check. Hour of elliptical and reading/riding on the bike. 17459 steps. 2693 burn. 1900 intake. 
  • Tuesday (0307):  Hour of elliptical and Zumba with Marian. Girl scout cookies delivered today ... mmm, Tagalongs! 18047 steps. 2681 burn. 2800 intake. 
  • Wednesday (0308): Same activity as Monday, hour of elliptical and a session on the bike. The guys had a dodge ball activity over at the church. #1 son had a 31+k day! 17430 steps. 3064 burn. 2200 intake. 
  • Thursday (0309): Hour of elliptical, Zumba with MountainView and a two mile walk on the treadmill. 24160 steps, 3064 burn, 2800 intake.
  • Friday (0310): #5 was out of school today. I got in my hour of elliptical and did weights. Made snickerdoodles. Hubs, #1 and #3 left on a weekend trip. 14334 steps. 2651 burn. 2200 intake.
  • Saturday (0311): Up early to get #5 off to his basketball tournament. Did get in 40min elliptical, but it was a pretty lazy day. Haircuts at home in the evening. Uber over on the eating (they guys bought travel treats then left the temptations!) 9497 steps. 2188 burn. 3200 intake.  
  • Sunday (0312): No exercise, rest day. 5815 steps. 1980 burn. 3200 intake (again!) :(

Five Featured Photos ...

 BOYS in my gym ... almost every day!


 A weekend getaway for these three. First time flying for #3.

Snapchat sons. Dog-gone cute!

Haircut housecall ... we didn't leave it like that!
He went from super shaggy to shorn!

Daylight Savings ... LOST and hour on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch...that is frustrating! So here is the thing....something you are eating is causing this issue. I was lamenting a few weeks back about eating the right amounts caloricly speaking...but I wasn't dropping any weight. For me...it's carbs. If I have bread for breakfast, potatoes for lunch and pasta for dinner....I don't lose even though my food may be within budget. Ferret out that one thing and you will start seeing the numbers drop! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably everything I'm eating ;) I'm SO bad. Just stupid excuses when I say I don't have the willpower. Sometimes I think "What I wouldn't give to lose these pounds again" and then have to check myself ... "would you give up cookies?" because really if I could just alter the eating, I'm fairly certain I'd find success.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...