Monday, July 24, 2017

Weekly Review #207


The scale shifts. Even for my official weekly weigh-in, it's hard for me to say I've actually lost or gained a specific number. I tend to look at the bigger picture. Often I just round it into that middle number. The 180s, the 170s, 160s, 150s ...  I had a little success there at the end of April and the first weeks of May. I had hoped I'd left the 180s behind ... hoped to drop out of the 170s (got to 172 at one point, SO close), but then with summer, and shifting schedules, the scale slid up again. And into the 180s. Again. Blah.

NUMBERS: Official weigh-in up .6. Average Weight up .79 to 179.03. I kept intake under burn (barely) four days ... had a small deficit for the week (-628). Average intake 264. Average burn 2551. Step average was 22,872 and 81.78 logged miles. Active minutes came in at 900/883/1081 with 85 minutes with weights. No 30k days, six of the days over 20k though (and that last one was really close). Just one day with a 3000+ burn. 

I really wish the Life Cycle app would let ME determine when the week starts and ends (like Fitbit does). I did some workouts yesterday (Sunday) and they don't show up on this week's graph. Screws up this week AND next and makes me not want to do anything on Sundays.

EXERCISE: I actually got in my HOUR of elliptical one day this week! I hit the elliptical every day though. Five official Zumba classes (I was subbing for two of them) and a solid hour on my own, plus more practice. Four times on the treadmill and four sessions on the bike. Two weight workouts. 
OTHER ACTIVITIES: With out-of-town family in town, we had a few get-togethers. A family party, swimming, parade preview, ladies lunch. Then ... MY family left town. I'm doing a stay-cation (Can I Take a Vacation from the Vacation?)  No basketball games this week, I was glad there weren't any scheduled during the trip (that he'd miss). As always, the usual mowing and grocery shopping.  



Here's the day by day recap ...
  • Monday (0717) Pretty good day. Started it off with Debbie in Daybreak with Zumba ... and a little hula hooping! Did a little more Zumba on my own, plus elliptical and bike. Housework and yardwork, some shopping and making soup. We got hit with a storm in the evening (Hubs was at the lake as it rolled in there). 25242 steps. 3028 burn. 2100 intake.
  • Tuesday (0718) Had a very fun start to the morning subbing Marian's Zumba class, and my sister and SIL (out of towners visiting) came to my class! In the afternoon I took the kids and we went out swimming with them, then to the float preview at the Expo center. I did squeeze in some elliptical, and even did a workout with weights! 20767 steps. 2910 burn. 2200 intake.
  • Wednesday (0719) Started the day with early elliptical, then Zumba with MZL, back in WJ again. Ladies lunch with my mom, sister and SIL. Mowed the lawn, some reading/riding and a little elliptical to end the day. 21615 steps. 2807 burn. 2500 intake.
  • Thursday (0720) Up early ... like 4:30 in the morning early. Hubs and the boys were off to the airport for a week in Seattle/Canada (I don't travel well, I'll be doing a stay-cation). Got in a Zumba class, some elliptical, bike and treadmill, but also some over-eating (bad in both quantity and quality). 25646 steps. 2885 burn. 2700 intake.
  • Friday (0721) Started the day in Daybreak ... Debbie's class sans Debbie. I was teaching today, with Carma helping. Stopped at a couple stores on the way home to restock some odds and ends around the house. Got in some elliptical and treadmill time. Spent a little time in the sun. 21355 steps. 2726 burn. 2200 intake.
  • Saturday (0722) I wasn't planning on doing an entire hour of Zumba on my own, but once I started, I just kept going. Also got in some elliptical, treadmill time, bike AND weights! If only I could control the calories in ... 26288 steps. 2963 burn. 2700 intake.
  • Sunday (0723) Finished up my hour of elliptical ... first time in forever (since summer started anyway). Some Zumba practice and treadmill time. 19191 steps. 2601 burn, 2150 intake.
Five Featured Photos ...


 My sister and SIL came to my Zumba class on Tuesday.

 My five boys and out of town cousins ... parade preview.

 Gas Works Park in Seattle ... isn't this a fab photo of my five boys?

 Paddle boards and kayaks on Lake Union.

 Segways in Seattle ... my helmet heads!

Hubs and the boys are now leaving Seattle on off to Canada. I'm enjoying their vacation vicariously. I've got another week Home Alone ... I must admit, I didn't even leave the house Saturday or Sunday. Good thing I have my Zumba to get me out of the house! Seriously, it's more than just exercise for me. No excuses when it comes to eating and exercise this coming week ... let's see if I can shift that scale!






1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your stay-cation!! Rest up because you are so go go go when your family is home!!!! You deserve a bit of a break!!!!

    Zumba was always so much more than exercise for me too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...