I know many people dread Mondays and live for the weekends. I am the opposite. I like the routine of Mon-Thurs and the shifting schedule for Sat/Sun can stress me out so much! But this past weekend was good. Not great as far as food and fitness, but for fun with family there will be a lot of good memories.
Eating was NOT good ... after my low Friday morning, I was up a pound for Saturday, up another Sunday morning, and up again this morning. While I did over-indulge, I know I didn't eat 10,500 extra calories. So here's hoping I can get the numbers back down pretty quick.
Unfortunately, this Monday morning isn't starting off stellar. This blog post is late (sorry!) I slept in and didn't get my morning workout. #4 is feeling sick and staying home from school, which keeps me home (no Zumba). I'll get in what I can. Crazy schedule this week with sports and such. But at least with #1's nineteenth birthday yesterday, "birthday week" is behind us, so I shouldn't be tempted by treats at every turn!
Wanna peek at our weekend?
Saturday started with the first soccer game of the season for #5. He does not look happy in this picture does he? They lost, didn't get a goal (although there were several close ones!) After an undefeated season in the Spring, he is used to winning. It's good to have to learn to deal with a loss. He's now the younger of the crowd (3rd/4th grade), it's a bigger field, so a lot more running. I could tell he was tired. He did get about 7000 steps in. Fun to have a Fitbit to track it all.
In the evening, #1 chose The Cheesecake Factory for his birthday dinner. I'm not a big cheesecake fan myself, but the older boys and Hubs really enjoy it. That was a pricey meal!
On of the gifts #1 requested was this
This is a SHOCKING game ... literally!
When the music stops and the light goes from red to green, hurry and press the button. If you are the last one, you get a shock. Levels from 1-4 in intensity. There was a LOT of laughter over the past weekend in regards to this game!
Normally we spend Sunday at church, but it was such a nice day, and probably the last chance to take the waverunners out this season (and #1's last chance for a couple years!) to we headed up to the lake. Maga, Aunt Ana and her boys joined us. Other than a bit of wind, it was a beautiful and relaxing day. I'd planned to make #1 a nice birthday dinner but we got home too late. I did make his favorite treat (homemade Oreos) as I hadn't been able to find our usual Oreo Ice Cream cake.
So I didn't get a lot of steps on Sunday ... didn't hit 10K even, but that was ok, as I'd already completed my Pact for the week. Calories in exceeded calories out Fri/Sat & Sun. That's pretty usual for my weekend. Then I have to try and make up for it Mon-Thursday. So I'd better wrap up this post and get going!
How was your weekend?
Are you Motivated this Monday morning?
Linking up with MIMM and the Motivation Monday team.






That is by far the scariest sounding game ever!! Not sure I would even play it!! HA
ReplyDeleteThat is an interesting game :) Homemade Oreos? I would love the recipe!!! I would love to be close to a cheesecake factory, but maybe it is a good thing that I am not :) Ha!!!
ReplyDelete