Monday, August 5, 2013

Motivational Monday - Control

When I first lost weight several years ago, it felt great. Feeling fit and looking good was a wonderful change. But even more than that, there was a new confidence, feeling in control. Up to that point, I didn't really think I had what it takes in me to be able to lose weight.  Since then, as the weight has crept back on ... I still knew I had the ability, I just needed to take control. I was a little frustrated that my exercise didn't seem to be enough - I needed to watch the eating as well. Until I did that, I could not complain. Once I committed to counting calories, it has been gratifying to see the changes. I don't know that the eating will ever be easy, or become second nature as exercise has ... but it's nice to feel in control again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...