Monday, July 8, 2013

Motivational Monday - Magic Pill

... I know most people hate Mondays. I am not one of them. I LOVE Mondays. The weekends are my challenge. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are a break from my weekday routine. It's harder to eat good, harder to fit in the exercise.  For the past several years, I've called them "wicked weekends" and I dread stepping on the scale Monday morning. But ... it does provide me with some motivation to get back at it. After a weekend I am actually excited to get back at it! Five days until official "weigh-in" day (on Friday, BEFORE another weekend). 

Since joining MFP and tracking calories, I've had "better" weekends ... but I still slip. Going out to the movies, a dinner date with hubby, or family parties ... it's really hard to keep things in check. I'm SO grateful I've seen success so far. I know how easy it is to lose motivation when you don't see results. But I know I can do this. I did it once before. I know I can do it again. 

I'd only been giving 10% before ... I have been keeping up with the exercise. Trying to "out cardio my calories".  The problem is, if you aren't logging your food, do you really know how many calories you are eating? Believe me, start tracking and you will be so surprised at how quickly they add up.  Admittedly, I'm taking baby steps. Right now, I'm simply counting calories, keeping track ... I have not moved into the "healthy eating" per say (I've got some eating issues that I'll address at some point). Baby steps *Ü*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...