Pretty happy with the scale this week, it continued to shift, albeit slightly, in the right direction. A little rebound there after the weekend, but it stayed under 170 the whole week. It's a move in the right direction. I'll take it. The week itself was a little off. Starting with a power outage, then sick kids. Ending with my birthday ...
Here are the stats ...
NUMBERS: Official weight was down a smidgen (-.4) with average down just a smidgen more (-.6 to 168.51). I kept intake under 2000 three times. Average intake was 2343. Average burn 2761. There was a deficit for the week (-1087). Two days with burn 3000+ and one 30k day. Step average was 22959 with 64.02 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 865/872, 922/938/979. And I did WEIGHTS this week! It had been a while, and I was feeling it the next day.
EXERCISE: I was on the elliptical every day this week, but only achieved my hour five of the seven days. Six days with treadmill time, and I even did double duty three days this week. I skipped Friday Zumba, so only four classes. One weight workout. OTHER ACTIVITIES: With sick kids staying home from school, my driving was down a bit. It also affected basketball. Normally, if #5 was struck with sickness he'd miss one game, two at most. This week? SIX games! He missed them all. One was a championship game, but his team managed to get the win without him. They also won the semi-finals in the second league, so #5 will still be able to play in one championship game next week. There was a little grocery shopping and a birthday dinner out, but it was a pretty plain week (which is actually okay with me).
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (1105) Power was out all night. I can't sleep without my fan. At least the temperature was okay (we didn't need heat or A/C) and power came back on at 5:30, so we had electricity for morning prep. I got in my hour of elliptical. Zumba w/Kirsten, helping out doing some numbers. Two treadmill times. #5 had a basketball try-out in the evening. He wasn't feeling well but felt like he had to make an appearance. 29515 steps. 3122 burn. 1800 intake.
- Tuesday (1106) Ugg ... woke around 4:30 to poor #5 coughing. Croup. No
way he was going to school today. An emotional morning with #4 as well,
dealing with depression and anxiety issues. No school for him either. I
probably wouldn't have gone to Zumba, not in the mood after that
morning, but as I'm the teacher on Tuesdays, I didn't really have a
choice. I was glad for class though, it helped me feel better. Both boys
slept most of the day. I got in one treadmill time, and finished up my
hour of elliptical (I'd done some earlier). #5 was supposed to play in
the basketball championships in the evening ... but that wasn't
happening. So sick
Happy to hear that his team got the win without him. 26100 steps. 2926 burn. 1700 intake. - Wednesday (1107) Another early morning awakening, grabbing a bucket just in time for #5 to throw up. Choking on congestion, not stomach flu. #4 though, said he threw up three times in the night. So ... no school for the littles again today. I got them settled and sleeping and still hit Zumba w/MZL. Also got in my hour of elliptical and two treadmill times. A little housework, yardwork too. 28770 steps. 2986 burn. 1900 intake.
- Thursday (1108) I got my hour of elliptical in early ... dang Daylight Savings, I'm waking up an hour early (before 5:00). Checking on the kids, #5 surprised me by saying he felt well enough to try school. #4 however still didn't feel up to it. So I drove #4, but told him I'd be on call if he needed an early pickup during the day. He didn't though. I hit Zumba w/MZL, then some grocery shopping. Cleaners came. I got two treadmill times in, even jogging for a bit. Hubs had a derby which he went straight to after work. 32186 steps. 3176 burn. 2600 intake.
- Friday (1109) Had my alarm set for 7:30 (late start at the schools) but still waking up early ... which is not to say I actually got up early. I did get in my hour of elliptical before dropping the boys off to school. #4 went today too. No Zumba, I stopped at Smiths for some grocery shopping. One treadmill time. I did WEIGHTS today. First time in a while! #5's team had a couple late games tonight, but we are sitting out this tournament (today and tomorrow) as he's still recovering. Popcorn and Netflix with Hubs in the evening. 20528 steps. 2709 burn. 3000 intake.
- Saturday (1110) Just 10min elliptical, and then a walk on the treadmill. Instead of #5's game we had a birthday dinner for me at Tepanyaki. Then games (pirate, battling tops) and dessert Skookie at the house after. It was a fun day. 11727 steps. 2175 burn. 3000 intake.
- Sunday (1111) Two elliptical sessions, half an hour total. Big breakfast. Had my folks over for cake (it had been Mom's birthday last week too) with pizza for dinner. More games... Scattagories, Rummikub and ProgressiveRummy. Hubs was gone all day to a wedding for a work friend. 11888 steps. 2231 burn. 2000 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Four movies this week, three from last year (2017), two up for Oscars. For me, Lady Bird was just okay. I guess I like more action than subtle storytelling, especially while exercising. Three Billboards, while again, lacking in a lot of big action, was more interesting. Had quite the cast of characters, all with plenty of faults, but redeeming qualities as well. Megan Leavey was interesting enough. Destination Wedding ... I found it boring. It was basically two people talking for the entire film, and neither character was particularly likeable. To fill in after my movies ended and I was still exercising, I've been watching "Reign" which I'm liking. I also caught this week's "Grey's Anatomy". Hubs and I started "House of Cards" together.
Five Featured Photos ...
Poor #5, so sick! Kitten is keeping him company.
I like Snickers ... but I've been addicted to these minis in the leftover Halloween candy.
More Halloween candy fun ... KitKat Jenga with #2
Tepanyaki for my b-day dinner. Missing #3 who had to work.
Skookie after dinner ... Skillet/Cookie. Yummy!









A crazy week and the scar still shifted downward! Good job!!
ReplyDelete