What I Was Watching
April/May/June ~ 2025 (Q2)
I never just sit and watch TV/Movies ... either I'm in the gym, with a show on while I workout (some are more motivating than others) or it's "TV Together Time" with Hubs. Both have been a little lacking this last quarter. I just haven't been making it down to the gym as much (still struggling with plantar fasciitis in my right foot). During this quarter we added Paramount+ for a bit, as well as a 3-month AppleTV deal. More series than movies ...
- Shrinking (S2): I was glad to get back to this series, I'd really enjoyed the first season. Watched with Hubs, I think I liked it more than he did.
- No Good Deed: I saw some buzz about this, and Hubs and I watched it and enjoyed it.
- White Lotus (S3): We'd watched the first two seasons together, so we'd been watching for the third season to fall.
- Loudermilk: Hubs brought this one, and we watched all four seasons.
- Landman: Hubs was watching Yellowstone (I'd watched the first season and had no interest in watching more, so he was watching that on his own during his workouts) but this is by the same director. On Paramount+ ... Hubs watched this on his own, then I watched it too (during workouts). I actually liked this/interesting.
- The Pitt: I've always enjoyed ER/medical dramas. This was good.
- Zero Day: Another "parallel" watch with Hubs. Watched around the same time, but while working out individually.
- Why Women Kill: I'd heard quite a bit of buzz about this one, and I liked this. I've heard that the first season was the best, so I'm not planning on continuing.
- Four Seasons: A little "ouch" in watching this, just some of the heartache.
- Dark Matter: I'd read and enjoyed this book, and had this on my list for the next time we had AppleTV. I thought they did a really good job with the adaptation.
- Disclaimer: This was too graphic for me, I didn't really like it ... but at one point the main character "made the weekly call to her mother" and that just clicked something. Since watching this show, I too have been making a weekly call to my mother.
- Your Friends and Neighbors: Entertaining enough to watch while working out.
- Murderbot: I had read the book, and hadn't really liked it ... but I liked the series.
- Presumed Innocent: I'm positive I saw the original movie at some point, but it was long enough ago that I didn't remember the storyline/twists (and this changed things some). This kept my interest, had some "ouch" moments.
- Stick: I really enjoyed this, even though I'm not interested in golf. It was dropping episodes, so I had to wait a bit (and the final ones actually came out in July, but I'm including it in Q2).
- Others: Hubs and I (on my recommendation) started For All Mankind. I'd watched S1-S3 previously, so a rewatch for me on those. There is a S4 now. I think we got through S1 during Q2 and are continuing on. Hubs is giving it a thumbs up. We tried Beef (Hubs recommendation) but I didn't like it, so we didn't continue. I watched the first episode of Smoke ... it just started dropping, I'm not sure I'll continue with it, we'll see.
- The Gorge: The one movie Hubs and I watched together this quarter. #1 son had said he really liked this. It was "ehh" for me.
- Mickey17: I'd read the book, and was looking forward to the film adaptation. I thought it was pretty good, although the leader characters were over the top (were they that bad in the book? I can't remember). Fun premise.
- Little Man Tate: Saw a little reel, and it caught my interest enough that I looked up this film. I enjoyed it.
I try to keep a record of what I'm watching on IMDB, but these posts here on the blog are actually the best way for me to remember what I was watching and when ... and that was Q2/2025.

No comments:
Post a Comment