Friday, September 11, 2026

2026/Q2 What I Was Watching (April, May, June)

Time for my quarterly TV/Movie update ... what kept me motivated while working out in the home gym, and what Hubs and I indulged in (our TVTT - television together time) in April, May, June of 2026. I feel like I spent more time in the gym (close to a 20k average) and more together time time too (and that was even with one week in Hawaii, no gym time nor watching with Hubs). 

I'll start with the series ... the top row was watched upstairs w/my man, the bottom two rows were down in the gym while on the treadmill or elliptical. 


  • Shrinking (season 3): I've really enjoyed this series and was glad another season dropped. 
  • Rooster (season1): We both like Steve Carell, this was cute and will watch further seasons, if they happen. 
  • The Madison: The problem with Paramount+ is that even when you pay more for NO ADS, they STILL SHOW ADS, before every.single.episode. I felt like I'd seen "The Madison" before I ever started it, and once we had watched it (and we liked it) we still had to see ads. Over and over and over again. While there is some decent content ... I actually despise Paramount for this reason. 
  • Mayor of Kingstown: This was just too dark/gritty, no redemption. I continued while we watched season 1, then I said I was done. Hubs continued to watch the remaining seasons on his own during his workouts. 
  • Company Retreat: Hubs and I had laughed a lot during the original Jury Duty, so we knew we had to give this a go when we saw it drop (Amazon). It was enjoyable, not quite the same, but still funny. 
  • Running Point (Season 2): Hubs and I needed a little refresh of the first season ... and we enjoyed the continuing story. I'd watched Winning Time in-between, and made the connection that this was loosely based on Jeanie Buss.  
  • Gentleman in Moscow: I'd read and enjoyed the book ... and I liked the series too. 
  • Margo's Got Money Troubles: I'd read the book, it was okay. I think maybe I liked the series more? Not that it was wonderful, but it kept me entertained. 
  • The Pitt (Season 2): I've always enjoyed ER shows (from ER to Grey's Anatomy) and this is so highly rated ... yet I'm finding me not loving it. Not finding anything wrong with it, just feeling drained instead of entertained. Ready for the season to end and me move onto something else. I still will likely continue to watch upcoming seasons ...
  • Star City: I'd really enjoyed For All Mankind, and this was in that same world. A little too ... cold and dreary. Again, just not enjoyable/entertaining ... I wouldn't find myself WANTING to workout to find out what would happen in the next episode, but rather anxious for the end. 
  • The Agency: Honestly ... I know I watched this, but I'm really not remembering the story. At all.
  • Winning Time (Season 1 and 2): I don't really remember this being split into two seasons, it's all one in my mind. My BIL recommended this. Lots of proFanity and sex, but I enjoyed the basketball. Quite a few familiar faces in the cast. Always interesting when something is based in truth, I often end up looking up things to learn a bit more.
  • The Offer: Another "based on a true story" ... the making of "The Godfather" ... which of course I'd heard a lot about, but I hadn't watched (but I did after this). I liked it. 
  • Imperfect Women: This kept my interest, I wasn't sure where it was going.
  • Big Little Lies (Season 2): I'd watched the first season ages ago, it was compelling. I'd never gotten around to seeing this second season, and after a little recap, it felt pretty easy to get back into this story.
  • Widow's Bay: Um, that was weird. I didn't care for it, had to push to finish.
  • Hell on Wheels: I really didn't like this, another push to finish. 

My Movies ...


  • ToyStory 5: We went as a family, and it was so fun to see the (grown) kid's reactions. Very cute.
  • Remarkably Bright Creatures: I liked this ... but I liked the book more. Watched with Hubs.
  • Project Hail Mary: I really liked this, as good as the book! Hubs enjoyed it too, and we have a few little quotes we now say to each other "amaze, amaze, amaze" and "words of encouragement" ... I paid to purchase this and add it to our Amazon library (I might have had some digital credit). 
  • Suffs: A broadway musical filmed and on YouTube, I watched this on the way home from Hawaii. I liked it a lot. 
  • Chicago: While in a musical mood, I rewatched this one.
  • Cabaret: As I put "The Godfather" on my list to watch, "The Offer" had talked a bit about Cabaret, also up for Academy Awards in 1973 ... and I was watching musicals, I figured I'd give this a go. I didn't like it. 
  • Merrily We Roll Along: Another musical with some buzz ... that I didn't care for.
  • Voicemails for Isabelle: Netflix romcom ... that fit the bill for me, I liked it a lot. Loved the song.
  • Sheep Detectives: Just "ehh" for me ...
  • Materialists: This was cute enough, kept me interested and entertained.
  • Adopt a Highway: Um ... what was this? Eh ...
  • Marvin's Room: Some big names, bit I'm not really remembering the story. Not one that connected with me. 
  • You're Not You: This was decent, sad.
  • Queen Bees: Cute. My mom recommended it.
  • The Godfather: I don't really get all the buzz, but I'm glad I have now seen it.
  • Marty Supreme: I enjoyed the ping pong parts ... but that's all.
  • The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: I'd read the book and heard it had been made into a movie. I thought this was well done.
  • Propeller: Odd little movie/short ... felt a little similar to "A Christmas Story" to me, with the young boy character telling a story in voiceover. Fun to see how some air travel used to be!
Onto the next quarter ... What will I watch next?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...