Monday, November 26, 2018

Weekly Weigh-In #277 (172.9)

Ooops UP ... not unexpected with the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, but impressive (not in a good way) still. I did great with exercise Monday and Tuesday. Okay on eating. But then, off my usual schedule for the rest of the week, both food and fitness slipped a lot. I went five days without getting on the elliptical. A treadmill walk on Saturday was my only time in the gym Wednesday-Sunday. 

While weight is up - most other stats are down.
Sleep was up a little ... there was some sleeping in!

NUMBERS: Weight was up 3.8 pounds. Ooof. Average up 1.69. Average intake was 2386 with average daily burn 2588. Intake vs burn overage for the week, 2328. Step average 16862 with 33  logged miles. My calculated cardio minutes were 548. The One said 539 while my Versa caught 762. I did spend 40min on strength training.

EXERCISE: I got my hour of elliptical in on Monday and Tuesday, my only two "school schedule" days. I didn't get any elliptical in for the rest of the week. While I often skip weekends, my last 5+ day break was almost a year ago (Dec2017).  I got double duty treadmill time in Monday and Tuesday, then one session on Saturday. I skipped Zumba on Thursday morning (busy making rolls for Thanksgiving dinner) but hit it the other four weekdays, and I did do at least an extra hour on my own. One session w/weights.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: Driving was down, as was grocery shopping. Dropped #5 off at basketball practices, but no games this week. Four hour of family time was Thanksgiving dinner at my MIL's.

Here's the Day by Day ...

  • Monday (1119) Happy Birthday Hubs. He still went to work, but got taken out to lunch and dinner. I made Wacky Cake today (lemon jello cake yesterday for the family celebration). I went to K&C's Zumba, and it was good I was close, and #1 came and switched cars so he could take the carpet cleaner back to my folks. I also got in over an hour of elliptical, and did an hour walk on the treadmill. Threw the football around with #4 again, and #5 had practice in the evening. 28829 steps. 3062 burn. 2400 intake.
  • Tuesday (1120) Started with my hour of elliptical, then taught Zumba over at the church and did a little on my own during the day as well. An hour walk on the treadmill. Dishes, laundry, double pickups after school as #4 stayed to retake a test. Spent some time out with the ducks, breaking up an altercation between the two males. Had to separate them for a bit. Warm enough to reattach the hose and refresh the waters and do a little digging. Hubs prepped a turkey breast for Thanksgiving, and shaved the leftover prime rib. I dropped #5 off at practice, hit the gym for weights, then picked him up. 31766 steps. 3161 burn 2100 intake.
  • Wednesday (1121) Kids were off school. I dropped #4 off at a local park to play football w/friends then headed to Zumba w/MZL. I hadn't hit my home gym before heading out ... and I never made it down today! #3 and a friend showed up and spent a couple hours in there and I'd like to say that was my excuse, but I could have gone down later. Stayed busy though. Made roll dough to refrigerate until tomorrow, prepped my "pie" and decorated the remaining sugar cookies. Did a little extra Zumba on my own, practicing some routines. #4 stayed out all day, always difficult to find new addresses in the dark. French dip for dinner, made more wacky cake as #2 LOVES it! 14096 steps. 2353 burn. 1800 intake.
  • Thursday (1122) Thanksgiving! I didn't get any exercise in. #3 had a spikeball tournament in the morning. I got the rolls rising and baked, finished up the pie, made jello cubes and we were off to Maga's house. Quite the feast, and even a chocolate fountain. A big game of Pirate, which I won. Most of the family hit a movie, I headed home to clean-up our kitchen. My wrist/ring trackers (7000+) were higher than my One ... 4856 steps. 1975 burn. 3000 intake. 
  • Friday (11/23) I went to Zumba w/MZL. Due to a scheduling snafu we had to share the gym with pickleball players (pickleball looks fun) and were pretty packed. I didn't get any additional exercise, but stayed busy. It was a nice day, and I raked leaves, mowed the lawn for the last time, prepped the duck area more for the coming cold, put away the Fall decor and got out some Christmas stuff. Netflix and popcorn in the evening. 17104 steps. 2427 burn. 2700 intake.
  • Saturday (1124) Woke to snow. No basketball games for #5. Season starts up next week. Got #3's truck tire fixed, more Christmas decor out. The boys went to NickelMania. I finally made it down to my home gym! A walk on the treadmill. Hubs grabbed Popeyes for dinner, and he was asleep for the night at 7:30! 13280 steps. 2164 burn. 2400 intake.
  • Sunday (1125) Didn't really need a "rest day" as this has been a slow week, but no exercise. Family breakfast. Ribs for dinner. Lots of game play. Got the monthly bills paid and made a couple basketball highlight reels. 8098 steps. 2048 burn. 2700 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Three movies this week ... okay, I must admit that Love Actually (2003) was watched upstairs with Hubs, and popcorn. Neither of us had ever seen it. Down in the gym (Mon/Tues) both movies were older (2000).  Finding Forrester was good. Love the accent! The Gift came up as a recommendation, so I went with it. Lots of big names in it. It was pretty good. I do not love the Southern accent like I love the Scottish one though. I really wasn't at all surprised at the culprit in the end.

Featured Photos ...

 Normally I'm a red grape gal - 
but these big, crisp, green grapes called to the whole family.

 Paper plates and plastic cutlery ... cuts down on dishes!

The little kids table ;)

My Turkey Cookies ... I ate more than I should have.

 
Black Friday FREE Zumba ...
But then, it's always free ;)

1 comment:

  1. You know that the exercise will increase and the food will decrease now that thanksgiving is over! The weight will right itself! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...