It's been a while since I've done a TV Tuesday post ... I've been watching while I work out, and have watched a number of second and third seasons for series I've enjoyed. I like to do a quick write up here on the blog - mainly for ME, so I remember what I watched and when. So here's a rundown of six series ...
- Jack Ryan: Hubs and I had enjoyed the first season ... this second one didn't leave as much of an impact. Reflecting on it now, I can't really even remember the storyline. The girl from "What Happened to Monday" was a love(sex) interest, which just didn't click, especially as he's met his future wife in season 1.
- Big Little Lies: Again, the second season didn't have the same impact as the first one did. I can still remember season 1, but even though my watching of season 2 was more recent, I really can't recall the storyline, with the exception of the addition of Glen Close.
- The Handmaid's Tale: Season three here. I waited until all the episodes were out, then started watching, getting through one or two episodes a day while on the treadmill/elliptical. As with the other seasons, very dark and disturbing. I watched it down in the gym, then re-watched an episode or two with Hubs upstairs, but it might just be too depressing for him to want to watch.
- Glitch: Season three ... the final season. I've really enjoyed this series. A unique idea, a new cast of characters. Love the Australian accents. I didn't care for this season though. The addition of new "glitched" characters ... and the ultimate ending. I'm not really sure how I would have liked it to wrap up, but I didn't love the events and the closure here.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season three. I'd been looking forward to this one, and was happy when it arrived on Amazon. While I love music, and the talent is great ... I've never been one to enjoy "concerts" on television programs (or real life for that matter). There was a bit too much music. Also very sad about the turn of events at the end. Another little twist though ... right after I'd watched the first episode of season 3, I introduced the series to Hubs, and we watched the first episode of season 1. If I hadn't watched the two back-to-back, I wouldn't have realized the re-creation of the first scene. In season 1, with Joel walking down the street, into his father's company ... in season 3, it's Midge, almost identical re-creation of the street/factory set-up. Deja vu moment for me! I wonder how many others caught it.
- Veep: Hubs and I had watched all the other seasons (1-6) together ... the final season came out, and our HBO subscriptions was going to come to an end (dropping DirectTV) so I figured I'd get my own closure on the series at least. Always interesting to see how they END a series, when it's planned (not just canceled). This was complete closure. I liked it.

No comments:
Post a Comment