Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 2020


April ... an entire month of staying home. I mean, Hubs and the boys are still working. I went out grocery shopping a few times. The littles haven't left the house all month though. Masks are now a thing. As none are available for purchase, simple sewn ones are the next best thing. There were some home haircuts (by #3, himself and #5). More online schooling - it was made official that kids will NOT be going back to school this academic year. More games ... #3 brought chess out again. We had a simple Easter. Some bike rides, burgers and jet flyby. I hosted a backyard Zumba ... stayed socially distant, dancing six-feet apart (which is actually pretty standard unless it's a packed class). My motivation for exercise is down, and I haven't even been attempting to track my eating. And it shows.

NUMBERS: Starting weight 192.10. Ending weight 193.9. High 195.2. Low 190.3. Average 192.66.  Average burn was 2465. Average steps 14585. Cardio minutes 1747/2432. 122.3 logged miles.  EXERCISE: I didn't get in an hour of elliptical any day in April. I got 30min fourteen days this month. I did better on the treadmill, walking two miles 27 days, and 8 days I did double duty (another 1.5-2 miles). Only two Zumba classes ... but now that I've brought it back, it should be up a bit next month, although I don't know that I have the stamina/option/motivation for five days a week as I did previously. I did do weights this month! Four sessions, a total of 190 minutes. 

What I Watched While Working Out
I watched a Starz series ... getting in the first season of Black Sails. I liked it. Very cable. I plan on continuing, but I also wanted to get in some movies this month. Some were on Starz, others were Showtime (which I don't have, but it was being offered as a special access over cable) and then we got Disney+ for a month, as #4 wanted to watch Onward. So far, I've watched it, and he still hasn't! 

Parasite was one that Hubs and I watched together upstairs ... almost like a date.


I didn't get in quite as many books  ... lots of my listening was during drives, while watching basketball, shopping, etc. Those things aren't happening as much. It's been a little hard to keep concentration too. I finished up my Audible Escape trial, and then was a bit surprised when I was able to sign up for the 2-month free Kindle Unlimited offer (it wasn't only for new subscribers). I like that my library allows me to push back holds. They've also upped the number of holds a person can have (from five to ten). 

So that was April ... under quarantine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...