Monday, November 30, 2020

November 2020

Last month I mentioned I'd refocused and recommitted to an exercise/eating improvement. I haven't gone back to my excel tracking sheets (tracking EVERYTHING, food, sleep, workouts) but I did record several stats in this calendar. I don't think it's something I'll continue to do, but it was interesting to look at. You can see the weight loss in the far right column, including numbers from October.

My elliptical was fixed (from the break last month) but Zumba took a hit. The weather turned too cold for our outdoor class on Fridays, and we had to stop for a couple weeks at the church (Covid restrictions). My #4 has had a renewed interest in ping pong ... not really a workout, but just interesting for me to track the time we spend together doing that. 

In addition to upping the exercise, I started tracking calories (using MFP) and resuming intermittent fasting. I'd tried IMF for several months in 2019 and had some success ... but ultimately went back to eating whenever I wanted. As I was trying again, I was aiming for 16:8, but found myself going longer. 18-20 hours, without much struggle at all. I'd stop eating around 4:00, and then wouldn't break my fast until 11:00 or later. Just limiting the time I was eating, as well as curtailing the mindless snacking, kept calories in check too. As always, I do better controlling quantity than quality. Always a struggle for me.

I had a 30k day! First time in a looooooong time!

Total steps for November were 653,114. Average 21,770. Weight average was 188.94 (estimate from Apple Health, as I'm no longer keeping my excel file to add it all up manually). That's 7.26 down from October.  My new ring tracker (Oura) is still new, and I got approved to try out the Halo from Amazon, so I added that tracker too. I don't know that either motivates me more, but it's just interesting for me to compare how they track.

Family updates ... birthdays for Hubs and me. Thanksgiving. Two of the boys are moving up in their jobs as electricians, #2 getting his residential journeyman license and #3 promoted to team leader, so we have a van in the driveway again. There was a two-week shut down, which postponed #5's basketball tryouts, which ended up okay, as he and pretty much all the boys who were trying out got quarantined. They did end up having their tryouts at the end of the month and he made the team (as a freshman, will be playing Sophomore/JV and available for Varsity if needed).  We had some skin issues, and doctor and dentist appointments too. Lots of work on Maga's house, and it was sold and the estate settled. November was a full month!

Instead of beginning with books like the last many months, 
I'll finish up with my monthly "book report" ...
17 books for November. Still going with Kindle Unlimited for the most part, while I have a subscription. I had a few holds at the library, so as they come in I have been grabbing them too.Still listening a bit more than reading ... as I can listen while doing other things. "Huck Finn" was required reading for my son's school class. Not one I really liked, but helping him with assignments, seeing what questions and concepts are being discussed, makes me appreciate it more than if I'd just read it on my own.

While working out, I watched "The Queen's Gambit" and a few movies while cable had a "watch-a-thon" with access to premium channels. "The Invisible Man" and "Jojo Rabbit" ... and then I started on Christmas movies as soon as Thanksgiving was over. I'll do a post about that when December wraps up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...