Jan2020 I actually saw a couple movies (Ford vs Ferrari and Knives Out) in the theater. That may not sound like a big thing, but it had been years since I'd been. I just prefer double double duty, getting my steps in while I watch ... and I like subtitles. Of course, then the world went Covid crazy and theaters and everything else shut down. I was very grateful to my home gym.
I borrowed The Way Back, Everest, and Child 44 (all "true stories" and also books I'd read) from the library, DVD format (before the libraries shut down). Everything else was streamed with services we subscribed to (Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Disney, Starz, AppleTV) - some subscriptions only temporarily.
Hubs was really looking forward to Hamilton, so we got Disney+ for a couple months. I got caught up on all my Marvel and Star Wars and then watched anything else that looked remotely interesting to me. Caught some kids classics I hadn't gotten around to viewing (as I have boys, and they are older).
A few movies I'd seen previously and was working a rewatch (Dan, Bobby Fisher, Willow) but most of these were first time viewings, even though many weren't exactly recent releases.

No comments:
Post a Comment