Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December 2020

 


December ... I've been with Fitbit for YEARS, and I think I knew I could export data, but that wasn't part of my general routine. I had been inputting stats in an excel file manually. It was quite a bit of work. In the spring, when I was giving up on lots of things (stopped counting calories, wasn't exercising as much, didn't really want to record the numbers on the scale) I stopped filling in my excel file. When I refocused mid-October, I still didn't get back to recording all my stats. As I started seeing success on the scale, I DID want to see the numbers, and was able to do a quick export from Fitbit rather than filling in everything manually myself (date, weight, calories in, steps, burn ... I do still have to add the individual exercise stats). So, here are the stats from December.

Starting weight 182.96 and that was also the high for the month.  Weight was 177.86 at the end of the month.  Low 175.15. Average 180. Being the holiday season, even with Covid cancelations and limited gatherings, there were treats and temptations. There were some days where I didn't keep the calorie count in check, had to be more flexible with my fasting windows, and didn't get all the exercise in. It happens. I'd been happy to get to 175, but then the weight bumped up a bit and stalled around 178 for a few weeks. 

I hit my Monday/Wednesday Zumba, and then went to MZL once ... not a full class, just a few of the instructors getting together to stream class to anyone interested. It was fun to see some friends I hadn't seen in person since March, and to dance some new numbers. I had treadmill time 23 days, only missed one day on the elliptical. Lots of ping pong with #4 and three workouts with weights. 


As far as the family goes ...

#5 turned 15 and made the high school basketball team (he's just a freshman, but will be playing sophomore and JV and possibly varsity). We had a family dinner at Tepanyaki, although later in the month Hubs got his own garage grill and made some fried rice and shrimp that was just as good! The big family Christmas Eve party on my side of the family was canceled because of Covid (my folks are being very careful), but we still had a gathering on Hub's side (one family had recovered fairly recently and we figured it was pretty safe). Hubs did end up spiking a fever on Christmas Eve ... he got tested but it wasn't Covid. We didn't get the result back until after Christmas though, so we only had doorstep drop bys from our married kids. One family member in the medical field, so one vaccine administered. I got to see some basketball games (only parents can attend), but then the team had to sit out the Christmas Tournament as Covid went through the basketball team. #5 didn't get it though. That was December on the family front. 

I did a post about all the Christmas movies I watched ... here are the books.
Not as many books this month ... but "The Broken Eye" was almost 850 pages, and then I started up (but didn't finish) the next book in the series, which has 700+ pages. "Mercy Road" and "The Whiskey Sea" lined up with some of #4's studies in U.S. History (WWI and Prohibition). I thought about maybe getting a Christmas story or two, but then I was a little overloaded with Christmas themed stuff with all the TV movies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...