Thursday, October 20, 2022

What I Was Watching ~ Q3

 July/August/September

In the third quarter of 2022 ... (mostly) while working out, I watched 16 seasons of series and 20 movies. Some shows definitely have more action and excitement and get me excited to hit the gym again ... others, I had to push through a bit.


  • West World (S4): There had been some discussion with Hubs as to if we might watch this together ... of course, he hadn't seen S3 yet, and I would have been okay with a rewatch of that to prep. Ultimately though, Hubs figured it had been too long since S1/S2 ... so I went ahead and watched in the gym.  Pretty crazy still, some fun throwbacks to the original season. HBO.
  • For All Mankind (S3): Okay, I included the picture in my collage, and it came out June/July of this year ... but I didn't actually watch it yet! For some reason I got it mixed up with S2 in my mind. Need to get an Apple+ subscription again and this will be on the list!
  • You (S1 & S2): I'd heard a lot of buzz about this series. S1 was pretty good. S2 ... started out okay, then went downhill and then went totally over the top. I pushed to finish the season but I won't be continuing on. Netflix.
  • Sex/Life: Well ...yup, lots of sex. It was actually unsettling. Netflix.
  • Emily in Paris (S1 & S2): I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Just a fun, silly, little show.
  • Station Eleven: I read the book, but didn't remember it much. The series, well, the story, is weird. I'm not a Shakespeare fan. I ended up really liking the show though. HBO.
  • The Last Kingdom (S1): I'd read the book here too, again, not really remembering it much (there was one scene that came back to me, but for the most part I really didn't know what was going to happen). It was good, but still a little tedious for me. Stopping at the first season for now, I might come back to it. Netflix.
  • The Woman in the House Across the Street From the Girl in the Window: Ummmm, this gave me squinty, scrunched face. I didn't like it. I still have questions (the changing words on the tombstone?) ... just ugggg, whatever. Netflix.
  • Archive 81 (S1): This looked intriguing and started off strong, but it started to drag for me and I had to push to finish. Total cliffhanger at the end of the season ... but I don't know that I'll come back (if it does get a second season). Netflix. 
  • The Terminal List: High ratings ... but I didn't care for it. Just seemed so over the top. Really??? Not really even close to believable, and I anticipated most of the "twists" in the end. Amazon.
  • Bridgerton (S2): This was actually in last quarter's watching, but I forgot to list it. I liked it. Will watch S3 when it comes out. Netflix.
  • Ally McBeal (S1): I adored this show back when in originally aired. I wasn't sure if it would feel too dated for a rewatch now ... I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed my rewatch. NOT in the gym though, this would be a little wind-down watch for me, on my phone in bed. I put it on the big screen once, but the quality isn't really there for a bigger screen. Hulu. 
  • God's Favorite Idiot (S1): Hubs suggested this one for us to watch together. Super silly, but I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I would have thought. Would watch a second season if there is one. Netflix. 
  • The Old Man: I'd heard this had some buzz, so Hubs and I gave it a try. Ehhhh. Like the leads, but this wasn't at all believable. Is that the girl from Arrested Development? Yes, it is Hulu.
  • Succession (S1&2): Hubs and I had given this a try a long time ago, and we came back to it. None of the characters are likeable! Tag line: FO. Will continue on to S3. HBO.

  • Top Gun Maverick: Actually went to this one in the theaters! Late to the party though, everyone else had already seen it and raved about it. I liked it. 
  • Thirteen Lives: This had received some buzz, I really liked it a lot. Intense, even knowing the outcome. 
  • News of the World: I'd read the book here and remembered it okay. I recall "hearing" Tom Hanks as the narrator (he wasn't), because I knew he was in the movie. It was good.
  • Marry Me: Just a cute romance ... I actually think I liked "The Valet" better (similar storyline, earlier this year).
  • The Lost City: Hubs had gone to this in theaters with a work buddy ... it was one I had been interested in. Sandra Bullock fan, even though I hated her sequined jumpsuit in the previews. When this hit streaming I watched, and liked it a lot. 
  • Dreamer: This was actually really great. Ahhhhh.
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain: I didn't love this as much as many. Maybe just too sad.
  • Super 8: A rewatch. I can't remember where/when I saw this originally. I liked it ... with the 80s and kids it has a Stranger Things/ET feel.
  • Warm Bodies: Rewatch ... and I've read the book. Cute movie. Thumbs up. 
  • What Women Want: Rewatch ... still like this one.
  • The Gray Man: Well ... that was over the top. Didn't like it.
  • The Marksman: Didn't really like it ... just ... blah.
  • The Gentlemen: I'd actually started this on my own and given up on it, when Hubs recommended it, so I gave it another try. Not really my cup of tea, but I was glad I finished it. 
  • Sing: I'd never seen this ... funny to watch it on the heels of "The Gentlemen" with the same star (Matthew McConaughey), very different characters! Hubs also loves a certain scene (the ape playing the piano) so I've seen it (over his shoulder) a lot, but nice to see it in context (Hubs hasn't even seen it in context). Cute show.
  • Purple Hearts: It was okay. I didn't care for the main gal's singing voice, or her songs. Didn't love how it ended "Let's keep this secret ... I'm going to tell the guy I own money to" ... um, okay?
  • Rescued by Ruby: Cute show, but definitely had an "after school special" and/or low-budget feel. Loved the little twist ending though!
  • 365 Days: Yes, I'm embarrassed I watched this. Just had heard a lot of buzz and thought I'd check it out.
  • Cleaner: I liked this okay, although it wasn't anything that great.
  • Prey: As this started up, I was thinking "this reminds me a lot of the old 80s movie Predator" ... ah, it is part of the franchise. I thought it was just okay. 
  • Uncharted: Boy, if I thought The Gray Man was over-the-top ... this totally topped it! Had to force myself to finish. I guess this is based on a video game? Maybe you have to play the game to enjoy the film. I didn't. I thought it was totally stupid. 

So, some I liked/loved ... others just okay. 

What will I watch the rest of 2022?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...