Time for my quarterly TV/Movie review ... what kept me motivated while working out in the home gym, and what Hubs and I relaxed to upstairs. Here's what I was watching in October, November and December of 2025.
- Andor: Hubs had wanted to watch this one ... I'm not a super StarWars fan, and found it just okay. He ended up watching the second season on his own.
- Pluribus: I hadn't heard of this one when Hubs brought it up, but TONS of buzz after, and I was glad we had gotten it in. It was intriguing.
- Dead to Me (Seasons 1-3): I had watched this some years ago but thought it might be a good "together time" watch, and Hubs enjoyed it.
- Handmaid's Tale (S5): We haven't kept Hulu all the time, but as I'd added it (more to get Disney for Andor) I figured I'd return to this world.
- Devil in the Family: Another one of the "when we have Hulu" shows I had on my radar. As this happened in Utah, and I'd read the book by the oldest daughter, it was an interesting followup for me. Hubs ended up watching it after I gave him a nudge.
- Smash (S1-2): I'd seen the first season years ago and felt it was time for a rewatch, and I didn't even know there was a second season. I had to buy the first season (not streaming anywhere) but it was added to Prime not long after my purchase. Watched some while traveling.
- Acapulco (S2): I'd liked season 1 ... downloaded this to my phone to watch on the plane during a family vacation.
- Paradise: I'd heard a bit of buzz about this, but went into it cold, therefore the twist at the end of episode 1 really caught me. LOVED the music, haunting covers. I recommended it to Hubs.
- The Patient: Kept my interest.
- The Count of MonteCristo: We'd enjoyed the 2002 version, and Hubs wanted to see this 2024 one. It took a while before it was available in the US ... watched via Hoopla.
- Hamilton: Rewatch for me ... I was surprised at how much I remembered/knew.
- The Greatest Showman: Another rewatch. Musical mood and Disney access.
- The Jane Austen Book Club: Not intentional, but a rewatch (I hadn't remembered I'd seen it).
- The Lost Bus: This was good, action packed.
- Thunderbolts: I was a little surprised I liked this as much as I did.
- Snow White: This had been attacked ... some was okay, but it wasn't great.
- Turning Red: I'd heard of this one, figured I'd give it a try ... just ehhhh for me.
- Reefer Madness: Umm ... not sure what to say about this one. "A musical ... "
- Christmas Plus One: Obligatory Christmas movie
What have YOU been watching?
No comments:
Post a Comment