Wednesday, December 31, 2025

2025/Q4

 

... after avoiding the doctor for all of 2024, I went in for a basic physical ... got labs. Thyroid very out of whack (my prescription had lapsed) and A1C and cholesterol aren't great. Not super surprising. After my appointment at the end of October, I had a few "good days" (the dip in the scale reading) but then went back to bad habits in November.  Dec 1 I made a decision. I'd been reading up on GLP1 medications, and decided to start. I went with compounded Tirzepatide from Brello. While I was waiting for my order to come, I did a full day fast, which did a five pound/temporary scale slide. I started the medication on December 10, at the lowest/starting dose. At first I didn't feel anything, bad or good, but then I noticed that I was able to keep calories in check, and the scale started to move. 

I upped my activity a little, at least compared to the previous three months.  The low day Nov8, Hubs and I were traveling (to Oregon to watch our youngest in a college basketball tournament), and same there for the week after Christmas. 

... I really had been TRYING to be good and lose some weight before my doctor's appointment. I actually tracked calories in October. I'm not sure why I gave up counting in November. With the addition of some "help" and increased motivation, I tracked calories, and controlled them a little better in December. Again, the last week was traveling, which brings extra challenges. 

Once upon a time, Fitbit had a nice "intake vs burn" graph (look WAY back on some monthly reports here).  These separated intake (above) and burn (below) don't have quite the same effect. 

Here's a look at Lifecycle ...
I manually add my treadmill, elliptical and weights (all done in my home gym). Some of the basketball has been in person (my #2 has some local men's leagues, and then the two Oregon tournaments we went to for my #5) and others have been watched via live stream. 

Sleep, Zzzzzzz .... yes, there were a few BAD nights in there, with little to no real rest, but overall, sleep isn't something I struggle with. I'm lucky I get to be lazy and sleep in ...

... a couple of the high nights, I had had taken an Ambien (after a lower night of non-sleep). The reduction in December though, with even just a little weight loss, is promising ...

... family quarterly recap



I did a What I Was Watching post, and here's a Book Look! #JenBsBooks






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...