Time for my quarterly TV/Movie update ... what kept me motivated while working out in the home gym, and what Hubs and I indulged in (our TVTT - TV Together Time) in January, February and March 2026.
I'll start with the series ... we don't keep Paramount and AppleTV all the time, but we had both during this quarter. Add ons to Amazon. I purposely tried to watch anything of interest to me on these platforms while we had a subscription (cancelled Apple, but Paramount gave us a deal for a couple more months). We keep Netflix, and I watched a few there as well.
- Landman (Season 2): Hubs had watched the first season on his own, so I watched it myself (in the gym) but we watched the second season together. Enjoyed it.
- Colin From Accounts (Seasons 1-2): I'd watched this myself some years ago, and thought Hubs might enjoy it, and I was feeling up to a rewatch. Love an Australian accent!
- Lioness (Season 2): I'd watched the first season, and was interested enough to watch season 2.
- The Morning Show (Season 4): This was actually why we added AppleTV, but when we started watching it, it had been long enough since we'd seen the earlier seasons, that Hubs had lost interest. I ended up watching it on my own downstairs.
- The Last Frontier: A random "what should I watch on Apple" pick ... just okay.
- We Crashed: I'd heard a little about this, it was interesting, but I was more than ready for it to be over. It reminded me a bit of another docu/drama (based on true events) The Dropout, in that I didn't like AnneH at all ... or more her character (meaning she did a good job I think), strange affectations, but they match the real person.
- The New Look: Again, interesting, but I was ready to move on as I wrapped up the season.
- Yellowjackets (Seasons 1-3): I'd heard some buzz (pun intended) about this one but had just never gotten around to watching. It was pretty horrible (not the acting or anything, just the story itself), but couldn't quite look away. I'm sure I'll watch the final season when it comes out, but for now, I was more than ready to take a break.
- Stranger Things (Season 5): I wanted to wait until everything had dropped. I liked the ending (my youngest son, a fan, didn't like how it wrapped up).
- Emily in Paris (Season 4): I really surprise myself that I like this show, it's so over the top ... but it's a guilty pleasure.
- Bridgerton (Season 4): Another guilty pleasure. Surprised at the "Cinderella" storyline.
- Nobody Wants This (Season 2): I'd enjoyed the first season, and liked the second season too.
- The Tylenol Murders: This popped onto my radar after reading the book "No More Tears" ... it was interesting. I think I was in 5th grade when it happened, but I really remember the terror!
- Kidnapped/Elizabeth Smart: This made headlines all over, but even more so here in Utah. I'd read Elizabeth's memoir, and Hubs had watched this, so I figured I would too. A little too "artsy" ... just the way they would frame the sister and Elizabeth visually.
- Tetris: I really enjoyed this and have encouraged Hubs to give it a go ... he decided to the day after I let the Apple subscription lapse (so it's on his list for next time we subscribe).
- Wolfs: Just okay for me ... although the overall ratings weren't great either.
- The Family Plan 2: Silly, fluffy fun. I'd liked the first one. If I'd known this was "Christmas" themed, I probably wouldn't have watched it (because of the OCD in me, I need to keep seasonal things in season!)
- The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio: A random pick from Paramount offerings ... and I liked it a lot! I did some editorial work and needed to come up with clever titles, using rhyme, puns and alliteration. The husband/alcohol was a struggle to watch.
- Roofman: Eh, just okay.
- Regretting You: I think I read the book ... just okay.
- Becoming Jane: When I went to record this on my IMDB list, it was already there ... so I guess I watched it at some point? I didn't really feel like I remembered it. I also read a book about Jane Austen not long after watching this.
- Crazy Stupid Love: A purposeful rewatch.
- Eternity: I'd seen previews for this and it was one I was watching for. I really enjoyed it.
- Rental Family: Another one I'd been waiting for, and Hubs had watched it during one of his flights and gave it a thumbs up.


No comments:
Post a Comment