Monday, September 4, 2017

Weekly Report #213

Who knew I'd be so happy to see the 160s again. It's all perspective I guess. It's the first time this year, and for a bit before that too (September of last year I believe ... over a year ago). Third week in a row for good food and fitness ...


NUMBERS: Official weigh-in down. -4.2 pounds.  Average stayed almost exactly the same (from 171.06 last week to 171.04 today). I stayed under goal five days, but kept intake under burn all seven days. Average intake was 1864. Average daily burn was 3109. A deficit (-6361) for the week.  Step average 28,601 with 96.15 logged miles. All seven days over my 20k goal, with four over 30k. Four days with burn 3000+, really should have been six, as two days were just shy of the mark. 


EXERCISE: I'm back with my hour of elliptical consistently. Hit it all seven days this week. Five Zumba classes (Mon-Fri) with a little extra on my own. I had treadmill time every day too. Only hit the bike twice, and I was a bit wimpy with weights this week. One full-body workout, and one ab/core.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: I know my transport time is still likely way under most people, but I hate being in the car. Alas ...mommy chauffeur duties are required.  One basketball game, the usual lawn mowing and grocery stops. Got my nails filled. Hit Sears and the library this week, a birthday dinner out and a family get-together ...


Day by Day recap ...

  • Monday (0828) Got in some early elliptical, an hour total for the day. Zumba with Debbie in Daybreak and a little additional practice on my own. Two times on the treadmill. I'd hoped to hit the bike, but I was wiped out and already at 30k. That's good enough, right? Happy birthday to #4 ... 14 years old! Yes, there was cake, but I did keep calories in control. 31297 steps. 3306 burn. 1800 intake.
  • Tuesday (0829) Three 20min sessions on the elliptical. Zumba with Marian with some extra on my own. One time on the treadmill and a session on the bike. Caved to some cravings/stress eating, and while I didn't keep calories under goal, they didn't get too out of control. Hubs came home with a new car today, then he and #3 did a derby. 31836 steps. 3274 burn. 2300 intake.
  • Wednesday (08/30) Got in an hour of elliptical, Zumba with MZL, and two times on the treadmill. Also did a weight workout. Mowed the front lawn and did some grocery shopping. #5 had a basketball game in the evening. 33050 steps. 3351 burn. 1500 intake.
  • Thursday (0831) Got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba with MZL and one time on the treadmill. Wifi out from mid-morning until the end of the day (tech coming tomorrow). I stream TV/Movies while on the elliptical/treadmill. Zumba practice and bike (reading) don't require wifi, but I was SO not motivated to move. Grabbed some DVDs from the library and used that for afternoon/evening sessions. Happy birthday to #3! More cake ... 28722 steps. 3153 burn. 1900 intake.
  • Friday (0901) Not bad numbers for a Friday, with late start and early out messing up my usual routine. Add into that waiting for Comcast to come out and fix the wifi they disconnected yesterday. But we're back w/wifi ... whew! An hour of elliptical, Zumba with MZL and one time on the treadmill. Dinner out at Tepanyaki ... party of seven. We had all our boys! Basketball practice for #5. 25292 steps. 2979 burn. 1750 intake.
  • Saturday (0902) Up early for a nail appointment, but did squeeze in an elliptical session before ... two more during the day to add up to my hour. Twice on the treadmill. Also hit the bike and abs/core. Got the lawn mowed. Hubs kept busy with yardwork and car stuff. No basketball today, but it starts up again next week. 28534 steps. 2991 burn. 1400 intake.
  • Sunday (0903) I got in an hour on the elliptical and an hour on the treadmill. Watched the movie "Insurgent" while working out. Family party in the evening. My folks, siblings and even some aunts/uncles and cousins. A little over on calories today, with family breakfast, cake and ice cream and Hubs popcorn. 21475. Burn 2712. Intake 2400.
What I'm Watching While Working Out This Week
I thought I'd start this new weekly section, as I've made the move from TV series to movies. I haven't seen a movie in the theaters in a couple years, and haven't caught too many at home either. That's about to change as with school in session, I am getting in a solid 1.5-2 hours in the gym ... enough for most movies. At least five days a week ...  Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. If I had gone to see a movie in theaters, this might have been it. I'm a big P&P fan, and I like zombies. The only DVDs I'd watched were with Hubs, and this one hadn't appealed. But it was at the top of my list as I moved to movies for my workouts. Didn't take too long to get it after putting it on hold at the local library. I really enjoyed it! Insurgent. I'd read the Divergent trilogy and watched the first movie (in the theater I think) so I figured I'd continue on. If I Stay. I'd read the book and enjoyed it, and I thought they did a great job with the movie adaptation. . Now You See Me 2. I'd enjoyed the first movie but this one? Oy. Our internet ended up going out, so I didn't finish, and then the next day it was no longer available for streaming (expired Aug31) and I didn't even care that I won't find out how it ends. Country Strong. Just a random grab at the library. I enjoyed "Nashville" and this had some similarities to it. Not sure how I felt about the ending though

Five Featured Photos ...

 Monday - Happy Birthday to #4


 New car ... it does fit the whole family

 Thursday - Happy Birthday to #3 ... 17 years old

A post shared by JenB (@jenblackham) on

Family dinner out Friday

 Saturday yardwork

... and a bonus video from Sunday
A post shared by JenB (@jenblackham) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...