Monday, September 11, 2017

Weekly Report #214


Managed to keep things pretty consistent weight-wise this week. I slipped a bit on the eating and dipped below goal for activity on Sat/Sun. We had the Labor Day holiday and we had our third birthday celebration this week ... now we are done with birthdays for a bit (a couple of months anyway). Overall, I'm happy with the stats this week.
 

NUMBERS: Official weigh-in was +.1 ... average was down though (-1.77 to 169.27).  Average intake edged up again, 2129. Average daily burn was 2990. Crunching the numbers, it was a small deficit for the week (-570).  Step average was 26,372 with 100.21 logged miles.  Counting up cardio minutes, the numbers were 1080/1056/1005 ... 60 minutes w/weights.  Three 30k days. Three days with burn 3000+ ... one day with calories IN that high. Oops!






Life ala Life Cycle ...

EXERCISE ... my hour of elliptical was completed every day this week. I also had treadmill time every day. Five Zumba classes (I was the sub leading on Monday), with a little extra practice on my own. Three sessions on the bike. Just one with weights. I know strength training is important, but often I'm stiff and sore and dragging in the days after a hard weight workout.

OTHER ACTIVITIES ... I'm pretty boring. Driving kids around. Out for grocery shopping. #5 had a basketball game. What can I say, I'm a homebody.



Here's a look at the day by day ...


  • Monday (0904) Labor day. Hubs home and kids out of school ... but I still got my exercise in and eating under control. Most of the "free Zumba" classes took the holiday off. My Monday instructor had plans, but asked if I'd sub. So I did. Also fit in my hour of elliptical, some treadmill time and a session on the bike. Hubs smoked tri-tip and pork loin for dinner. I was so close to 30k, I made sure I finished those remaining required to hit that mark. 30163 steps. 3240 burn. 1750 intake.
  • Tuesday (0905) Back to the school schedule. Early elliptical and then Zumba w/Marian. I knew #3 would monopolize the gym after school, so I made sure I got in my exercise during the day. Finished up my elliptical hour, treadmill time and did weights. Pickup from the middle school was a nightmare (bad accident at an intersection nearby caused traffic to stop blocking in the school parking lot). Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner. A little bike before bed ... had to push to make it to my 30k day! 30207 steps. 3366 burn. 1200 intake.
  • Wednesday (0906) Feeling my weight workout from yesterday. Sore and dragging a bit. Zumba was a little tough. Movie of the day was "Jason Bourne" which was a good workout movie. Lots of running and fighting to keep the adrenaline up. Got in my hour of elliptical and an hour on the treadmill. Got some shopping steps and mowed the lawn. Eating was a little over again ... had the munchies! 28327 steps. 2991 burn. 2500 intake.
  • Thursday (0907) Pretty much the exact same exercise as yesterday ... an hour of elliptical, an hour of treadmill and Zumba. 4700+ steps more today though, some shopping steps and I mowed the front lawn. Birthday for my oldest - 22 years. There was red velvet cake and peach cobbler, but I don't like either ... hadn't done great on the eating anyway though. 33035 steps. 3217 burn. 2450 intake.
  • Friday (0908) Put on "Collateral Beauty" for my workout show today ... it was about 90 minutes long, enough for my hour of elliptical and treadmill time. Also went to Zumba w/MZL. Made, and ate, Snickerdoodles in the evening. 24951 steps. 2954 burn. 2200 intake. 
  • Saturday (0909) Got in an hour of elliptical and some treadmill time today. Should have done a bit more to hit my 20k goal, but was feeling so tired. #5 had a basketball game at 3:00, they got the win. Totally overate today (starting with Snickerdoodles for breakfast, then the boys finished them off). 19293 steps. 2645 burn. 3000 intake (oy!)
  • Sunday (0910) Big family breakfast, but then I managed to keep calories in check for the rest of the day. Hit the elliptical for three 20min sessions, a treadmill time, and made it onto the bike for reading/riding. 18628 steps. 2519 burn. 1800 intake. 
What I'm Watching While Working Out This Week
It was a movie week!  One each day (and as most movies as 1.5 to 2 hours in length, at least that much exercise each day). Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I was aware of this one in theaters. Aware it had a Harry Potter link. While I'd liked the books, I hadn't cared for the HP movies, so I wasn't sure about this. I did like it though. I was glad I gave it a try. Collateral Beauty. I struggle a bit watching a "christmas" timed film not at Christmas, but this was touching. I know critics panned it a bit for being emotionally manipulative, but I liked it a lot. Z for Zachariah. I'd read the book as a teen and ... um, is this really based on the book? I mean yes, the basic premise is the same, the first quarter or less and then major deviations. I struggled with the book ending, but didn't like this one any better. Carriers. Post-Apocalyptic ... I've read so many books with a plague theme. The cover image gives a little away. This did keep me interested, but ultimately I'm not sure there was much of a story or any redeeming value. Alligiant. Finishing up the Divergent trilogy, even though I haven't cared for the movies much. I've read the book, and this deviated from its ending. Jason Bourne. I wasn't sure if I had seen this or not. I've seen all the other Bourne movies and they do all blend together. I hadn't seen this one. Now I have. I liked it.  The Giver. I'd read this book ... the entire quartet, and it's a favorite. I'd seen the previews for this movie version and was not at all sure how it was a representation of the story. I think the previews were misleading, as the movie wasn't as distanced from the book as it indicated. The movie was okay. Not sure how I felt about it. I also finished up watching the 3rd season of iZombie this week. Sorry to see it end. It was my "weight workout" show.

Five Featured Photos ...

 After having sweat drip into my eyes ... I've started bringing a towel to Zumba!

 ... a little bb gun shooting in the backyard. 

 Sunflower bouquet brightens my day ...

 #3 and kitten ... snuggle buddies 

 The birthday boy! 22 years old!

... and a bonus video
A post shared by JenB (@jenblackham) on

I didn't have much for the birthday boy, and when I saw these bubble balls on clearance at the store ($10 each) I grabbed a couple. I figured they probably wouldn't last very long, but for $20 I'd risk it. They have been a hit (literally and figuratively). I wish I'd grabbed a few more at that price! It's only ended in tears on time ... so far.   Probably burns a few calories, but I haven't participated myself!

1 comment:

  1. Three birthdays in a week plus a holiday and only up 0.1 on the scales when it was all said and done is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...