Monday, February 26, 2018

Week #238 - Bad Week!




Oy - that was a bad week! Eating was up, exercise was way down, weight went in the wrong direction from day one. Monday (last week) was the lowest weight all week.  Things started off on the wrong foot on Monday. President's Day, so no school ... sleeping in, no hour of elliptical early. We were also hit with quite the snow storm. I was a weather wimp and decided not to face the roads to make it to Zumba. Then I just never quite got back on track ... as the numbers show! The high school was also out Wednesday, which was #2's birthday as well. Another big snow Friday.

... and just par for the course for this week, I didn't receive my weekly report from Fitbit.
I emailed support, and happily they were quick to send it out. 
Not that I really want to showcase my stats this week ...

NUMBERS:  Ooof ... weekly weigh-in up 2.4. Average up 2.8. Unfortunately this wasn't just a jump from the weekend (as the average indicates). As mentioned above, the low last week was day one. Intake average way up, to 2829. Burn average down, to 2481. So no surprise it was uber over for the week (5266). Step average 15656 with 35.03 logged miles. Both way under my norm. Cardio minutes 495/529/552/499 with no weight workouts.

 
EXERCISE: I stayed most consistent with my Zumba. Still got in four classes, just skipping my Monday. I only achieved my hour of elliptical two days this week. I did do some elliptical other days, but not my usual. Only two days with treadmill time too. 

OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Cake on Wednesday for #2's birthday. Out to eat with the folks on Friday. We sat out #5's Monday game and his weekday practices (hoping his knee will heal) but he did play in his Grizzlies game Saturday afternoon. Hubs and the boys hit the Jazz game Saturday evening. They had another ticket (#5 took a friend) but I prefer to avoid the crowds and just catch it on TV.
Here's the Day by Day ...


  • Monday (0219) Between no school throwing off the schedule (President's Day) and a ton of snow ... it was NOT my usual motivated Monday. I wimped out facing the roads to hit Zumba.  Only 30min elliptical. #5's Wolves team had a game in the evening but he sat it out to let his knee heal. 10058 steps. 2187 burn. 2200 intake. 
  • Tuesday (0220) Still snowing. Got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba w/Marian and one time on the treadmill. Over on the eating. Mostly due to treats, but also some late night popcorn w/Hubs. 24805 steps. 2830 burn. 2900 intake. 
  • Wednesday (0221) Should have done a few more steps to hit 30k. Hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL and two miles on the treadmill. Some shopping steps and cleaning out cupboards. 29346 steps. 3254 burn. 2300 intake. 
  • Thursday (0222) Feeling a little off today. Light-headed, sweating, even before any workouts. Just 30min elliptical. Actually felt better after Zumba w/MZL, but then took it easy the rest of the day. 18273 steps. 2606 burn. 2600 intake. 
  • Friday (0223) Continuing my "off" week ... did 10min elliptical in the morning then never made it back to the gym. Zumba w/MZL. Grabbed donuts after picking up some groceries. Out to dinner in the evening with Hubs and the folks. Eating uber over! 14273 steps. 2414 burn. 3500 intake.
  • Saturday (0224) No exercise. Some computer work. #5 had a basketball game, then the boys went to a Jazz game in the evening. 5621 steps. 1942 burn, 3300 intake.  
  • Sunday (0225) No exercise. More computer work (basketball blog and videos, bills). Family breakfast and dinner. 7215 steps. 2133 burn. 3000 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
With less time on the elliptical and treadmill ... there was less time for TV and movies. Only two movies this week, and my current series. I generally start the (week)days with a movie, and then switch to TV if I still have some time. Series are also for weekends or when I know I don't have 100+ minutes of exercise planned for the day. I really enjoyed the first season of Colony and was watching for season 2 to come to Netflix. Post-Apocalyptic/Alien Invaders ... write up my reading alley ;)  As for movies, I started with The Circle (2017). Now I knew going in that this hadn't received good reviews. I actually liked it (although not the ending so much). Very though provoking concerns about today's technology. Changing Lanes (2002) was an oldy, expiring from the HBO network. Eh ... very over the top, and then a complete turnaround redemption in the end.  Hopefully I'll get back to exercising more next week and have four or five movies to review.

Five Featured Photos ...

 A presidential PENNY portrait
My brother created this ... cool, right?

 Monday was also "Mint Chocolate" day ...
I feel the need to support these smaller "holidays"
Mint brownie, mint chocolate chip ice cream ... mint oreo candy bar. Yum!


 Happy Birthday to my #2.

19 years old. 

Cleaning out a cupboard, I was rewarded with a TREASURE! These Tuffy scrubbers were discontinued years ago. I hung onto my last one for years, finally replaced it with one we found when cleaning out our camping trailer. It's on it's last strand (but I was still using it). I found FOUR brand new ones! I wonder how much I could sell them for on the black market (I'm not the only one who loves them) ... but of course I'm keeping them. I should be set for a while now, as they do last a loooong time.

1 comment:

  1. Your week is a good reminder about how one choice or event spirals into a week of not following the routines that work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...