Well, the official weight is down a bit, at least not in the 180s, although it's still too close for comfort (literally and figuratively). But the average was up. Eating has NOT been good. It was a baking week, and we discovered deep frying at home ... we'd had an appliance unopened for years, but I pulled it out and we've been experimenting with all sorts of yummy fried foods. Tater tots, cheese sticks, etc. I know "air fryers" are the newer, more healthy option. Alas. Summer is winding down, I hope I'll be able to adapt to the school schedule when we return to that routine. #4 has some summer homework, and that's been a bit of a struggle this week!
NUMBERS: Official weight down 2.3 pounds (178.1) but the average was up .71 (179.04). Average intake was 2643 with average daily burn 2907. Eating outdid the exercise ... an end of the week overage (1270). I didn't stay under goal/2000 once this week. Four days had 3000+ burn ... which is often equal to the number of 30k days, but I never hit that threshold this week. Step average was 22373 with 60.15 logged miles. Cardio minutes 775/795, 837/927/1110, 612/636. No Weights.
Pretty large discrepancies from my devices this week! My little Zip on my hip seems super sensitive. My One, my "torso tracker" is there in the middle, and my wrist-worn versa comes in last. Many people seem to say their wrist trackers pick up extra steps, but you can see that is NOT my experience. #2 son had 114,599 steps and #4 had a good week with 110,251. #5 didn't break 50,000 but I'm not positive if he just had a slow week, or didn't sync ... or both. He also doesn't wear his Fitbit during basketball games, meaning he missed some steps there.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Pretty slow week. A little bit of driving around, some grocery shopping and picking up other items. My mowing. #5 had a basketball game ... we got caught in construction and barely made it in time for tip-off! Hubs and the boys went to the lake, but I sat this trip out.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0730) Back to the summer schedule, such as it is. Got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba (subbing for Debbie) and two treadmill times; a two mile walk, and a one mile jog. Eating was over though. Made homemade bread, and then haystacks for dinner with lemon jello cake for dessert. 28971 steps. 3276 burn. 3000 intake.
- Tuesday (0731) I didn't hit a 30k day today ... but #4 did! He hasn't been that active this summer so I'm super pleased! I got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba and one treadmill time. Some work in the garden. I made scones and cinnamon rolls today. Pulled out the deep fat fryer for the scones ... 25904 steps. 3132 burn. 2800 intake.
- Wednesday (0801) New month today ... Got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL and a two-mile treadmill walk. Mowed the front lawn. 27182 steps. 3074 burn. 2500 intake.
- Thursday (0802) Got in my hour of elliptical and Zumba. I'd picked a bunch of my produce from the garden yesterday, and figured I'd take it to Zumba today (this is the BIG class) to see if anyone wanted it. I had lots of zucchini, several cucumbers, a couple of squash and an eggplant. People snapped it up. Some shopping steps. #5 had practice in the evening. 24688 steps. 3020 burn. 2400 intake.
- Friday ( 0703) Subbing as instructor for Zumba in Daybreak today. Store stop, shopping steps, on the way home. #5 had basketball practice. An hour of elliptical for additional exercise for the day. 22352 steps. 2981 burn. 2500 intake.
- Saturday (0804) Just 30min elliptical for exercise. Mowed the front lawn and took #5 to his basketball game. One of my duckies is limping badly :( 14118 steps. 2446 burn. 2700 intake.
- Sunday (0805) Stayed pretty busy and productive today. Hubs and the boys hit the lake. I mowed the back lawn, made lasagna for dinner and ran some errands. 30min of elliptical. 13398 steps. 2421 burn. 2800 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Three movies to motivate me in the gym this week ... three very different genres! Started with Extinction (2018) which is a new Netflix original. I liked it well enough. The "twist" wasn't that huge to me, almost expected (I'm a big sci-fi reader and experienced it all). The Spectacular Now (2013) I'd never heard of before, but there were a couple familiar faces. I always have to say MY teen experience was NOTHING like these wild parties (drinking and sex) that seem the everyday display now. I really do not think it's my teens experience either (am I being naive?) I liked the show, didn't love it, as many have seemed to. I did love Newsies (2017). This is NOT the original 1992 film with Christian Bale, but the Broadway version. Just as the stage version of most musicals (Annie, Sound of Music, etc ... I'm just familiar with those right of the top of my head because I've performed in them) is different from the movie, this has had some major revisions. While I know I've seen the original Newsies at some point in my past, I don't really remember it beyond some of the songs sounding familiar. While this filmed Broadway stage show has good reviews on the whole (8.6 on IMDB) there are some who dislike the changes enough to rate it lower. But I loved it. It really had energy that upped my exercise attitude :)
Two times this past week, when I went down to hit the gym in the morning, there was a boy in my gym. #1 one day, #2 another. As they were doing weights/treadmill, there really wasn't anything to stand in the way of my hitting my elliptical at the same time. Except the show. #2 generally has something on (Friends or HIMTM or The Office, something he's seen many times and doesn't really need to watch, just on in the background) and #1 had music. But ...for my 20 minutes, I get to be the boss and watch my show. So #1 got a glimpse of Newsies and #2 ... well, that was one of my non-movie days, and my current series is Sense8. Ummm, I'm not going to watch that one with my son in the room with me. It can be a little over TV-MA (orgy!) so I opted for an episode of "The Good Fight" (and there was still some profanity and nudity in it, this was my first go-round with this show).
Five Featured Photos ...
#1 wasn't happy that others had eaten some of HIS cinnamon rolls ...
He was going to take the remaining pan and hide it in his room.
Garden produce ... I shared with my Zumba class
Mmmm ... fried stuff! Scones, tater tots, cheese sticks, chicken nuggets.
The boys found kitty at the beach, they wanted to bring it home, but ...
Looks like it's ear was clipped, and our current cats would NOT have liked the addition.
#1 got the bridal pictures back ... it's coming quick!










No comments:
Post a Comment