Last week, during Zumba on Friday, I felt a little off. I didn't get much exercise in over the weekend, but that's not unusual. This week was unusual. That "off" feeling continued. Not enough to say I was "sick" per se, but there was a lingering headache, some nausea/tummy troubles, feeling dizzy, extreme lethargy. I made it through Monday, but then had a very inactive week. At least it affected my appetite too, so I wasn't eating a lot either. With that, even without the exercise, the scale shifted a bit. Dipped under 170. I'd like to make that permanent.
NUMBERS: Official weight 172.2, a tiny down from last week (-.1). Average was a little more impressive (-1.88 to 170.86). I stayed under 2000 five days this week (unheard of for me) but then my appetite came back over the weekend. Intake average was 1986. Burn average was 2399. No days over 3000, no 30k days. Step average was 16,889 with 38.07 logged miles. Cardio minutes 595/602/559/650.
EXERCISE: I only achieved my hour of elliptical once this week. I still attempted the elliptical five other days, getting in 20-30 minutes those days. Walking seemed easier, I had four days with treadmill time, and even double duty once (Monday). Four Zumba classes. I decided to take a break on Thursday and skipped. I rarely skip!
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Not a lot else going on either. Still taking the kids to/from school, but it was UEA, so they were out Thurs/Fri. No basketball over the weekend, but we had a Tuesday game this week. Hubs and I had a date on Saturday ... it's been a while. Out to eat, and my appetite was back by then.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (1015) I was able to get my hour of elliptical in early. Headed out to Southziders for Zumba. Still not feeling 100% and it showed in my stats. Having tile backsplash installed in the kitchen today. I did two treadmill times, but really had to push to finish the second. #5 had practice in the evening. So grateful to a carpool that was willing to bring him home so I could go to bed. 27568 steps. 2866 burn. 1800 intake.
- Tuesday (1016) This feeling off is getting to me. I was a little worried about Zumba today, as I was teaching. I made it through, but had prepped a playlist that was toned down, leaving off the high energy numbers. I'd managed 30min elliptical in the morning, but just didn't feel up to hitting the gym again for the rest of the day, not even for a walk. I wasn't sleepy, but did spend most of the day in bed laying down. That was the only position that felt okay (sitting at the computer was not good). Nothing super "sick" I can put my finger on, just recurring headache, tummy issues, extreme lethargy. Didn't eat much. 16611 steps. 2394 burn. 1200 intake.
- Wednesday (1017) Just two 10min sessions on the elliptical to start the day. Whew. Got the boys to school. I might have skipped Zumba, but I needed to hit the grocery store, so I figured I'd attempt it as I'd be out anyway. Again, I kept it low-key. Much easier when I'm not the teacher (although I still lead two songs). Grabbed groceries. Back at home, I'd work, then rest, work, then rest. I'd meant to at least try one more mini-workout, but #3 and a friend were in the gym all afternoon. 15383 steps. 2249 burn. 1500 intake.
- Thursday (1018) UEA weekend, so no school for the kids. Sleep in for me. I felt fine as I got up, and attempted elliptical. Did 10min but it was hard. I was feeling off again. I decided to skip Zumba today. I did manage a walk on the treadmill a bit later. I did some housework, and then work in the garden. The greenwaste had just been emptied, and I filled it right back up. I might need to ask neighbors who aren't using theirs if I can borrow one for a week. I let the ducks come dig with me as I attacked the back/side garden. I was feeling better than I have in a few days. Managed two more 10 min sessions on the elliptical before bed. #3 and a friend were in the gym again this morning. I grabbed #5 from his sleepover, and then he was off again with another friend for much of the day. Hubs and #4 did a derby. Came home with Chick-fil-A. I hadn't eaten much all day, so I can some calories to spare, and it sounded good. 15873 steps. 2327 burn. 1900 intake.
- Friday (1019) No school again today. I hit Zumba w/MZL and felt better than I have in a week or so. Stopped at Sam's to grab groceries on the way home. Some homework help with #4, then I took the two littles to NickleMania. Then I dropped #5 off at a friend's, off to Lagoon for the night. Dropped #4 off to a friend's later. Arranged for #2 to do the late pickup, as I can't seem to stay up after 10:00. Two 10min elliptical sessions and a treadmill time for additional exercise for the day. 21954 steps. 2635 burn. 1500 intake.
- Saturday (10/20) Hubs looked at my elliptical and tightened some stuff up. SO much better! Got in half an hour on it. One time on the treadmill too. Some yardwork, then Hubs and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. My appetite is back. Uber over on calories. 14741 steps. 2300 burn. 3200 intake.
- Sunday (10/21) Rest day, no exercise. Family breakfast of french toast. Worked on a recipe book for a bit. Hubs bbqed steak and chicken. #1 and wife were over for some family games and made gigantic cookies. 6090 steps. 2023 burn. 3200 intake.
*** Five Featured Photos ***
... okay, there are only three, I guess I wasn't taking pictures this week either.
Tile backsplash going in on Monday. I like the look!
Love the kids playing games together.
I joined them for Skip-Bo before Apples to Apples.
That's a BIG cookie!






No comments:
Post a Comment