Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Weekly Weigh-In #293 (176.7)

Things were a little off this week. Daylight savings shifted things up, but still the week started fine. Mondays and Tuesdays are almost always my best days as I get back to the schedule after the weekend.  Then we got hit with a pretty heavy snowstorm on Wednesday, and I stayed home and shoveled rather than venturing out to Zumba. Class was canceled on Thursday due to a funeral (one of the MZL instructors) and #4 stayed home from school sick Thursday and Friday. He wasn't super sick, and no trouble or complaints... pretty much just slept all day. But it really throws me off, and I stress about it (is it sickness, or anxiety issues?) Some duck distress also, and a possible new house also came up this week, which caused some sleepless nights ... some excitement, some stress. Looking back on all the events (in the day by day below) I had to think "that was all just last week?"

Fitbit numbers were down ...
 NUMBERS: Official weight up a smidgen (.3) but the average was down a bit (-.9 to 175.6).  The calories in control from last week ... not so much this week. Average was 2336. Only under goal twice. No deficit. Over by 441. Average burn was 2436. Just one day 3000+ burn, 30k steps. Step average was 20646 with 52.13 logged miles. Cardio minutes 687/925/806/1061. 60 min w/Weights.

Here's how my three, and the family Fitbits steps stacked up. Unfortunately I didn't get #5 synced in time for his weekly report. I think he was about 50k (manually adding it up after a sync). Without him in the mix, my dad made it onto the charts ...

EXERCISE: I've had quite the streak going with my elliptical, hitting it for at least 30min a day since the end of January ... but I took an official rest day this week and broke my streak. I did get on the elliptical six days out of seven, and achieved a full hour three of those days. Treadmill time six days as well. Two days with double duty. Only two Zumba classes. No bike. One weight workout.  OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Added an hour of shoveling snow. A couple basketball games with #5. Some family time checking out a house ... three different trips.   Here's the Day by Day ...

  • Monday (0311) The morning after Daylight Savings. I was awake early though. Hubs had a doctor's appointment so he slept in a little and hit the gym in the morning... during MY time. He was on the treadmill though, so I could still elliptical. Just switched the show to something we were watching together.  Zumba and some treadmill time later. Made brownies and roasted a turkey breast. The male ducks were fighting today, which stressed me out. Had to separate them.  Hubs brought up the possibility of buying a new house. We went to see it after picking up #5 from practice.  Steps 33964. Burn 3411. Intake 1600. 
  • Tuesday (0312) Got my hour of elliptical in, although not all of it early. Zumba and two miles on the treadmill. Double pickups after school. #4 was happy, as he passed his Microsoft test. We did a little practice driving in the church parking lot. #5 had a game in the evening, we got whooped. Steps 24470. Burn 2862. Intake 1900. 
  • Wednesday (0313) Ugg, snow. The drive to school was a little scary and took a long time. #2 didn't have work today which was good, as his car is terrible in the snow. He and his GF went sledding though. I spent an hour shoveling instead of trying to go out again to Zumba. Got my elliptical and two treadmill times in as well. The roads were fine later for after school pickups, and #5 had a game. Steps 26631. Burn 2925. Intake 2300. 
  • Thursday (0314) The day was already going to be off, with no Zumba (funeral for one of the MZL instructors, before my time). I could have hit my backup class, but I didn't. #4 didn't go to school today either, said he was sick. No observable symptoms, no complaining, he slept most of the day. Still stress about it, especially with his anxiety/depression and missing more school. Threw off my day more. Just 30min elliptical and two miles treadmill. I did do weights though. Should have gone to sophomore orientation with #4, but he said he was still stick. Quick trip to the store.  Steps 18396. Burn 2598. Intake 2500. 
  • Friday (0315) Oh, bad stress eating today. #4 said he was still sick. Sigh.  Still had #5 to drop off at 9:30, so no Zumba. Just feeling a bit down and discouraged. #5 was leaving on a weekend basketball trip. I checked him out a bit early and he was off.  Another trip to the house in the evening. Steps 15054. Burn 2449. Intake 3100.
  • Saturday (0316) Prom day! #3 was up early to get the truck washed and pick up the corsage. He was having the group over at 11:00 for the day date, a cooking competition, so he asked the kitchen be clean ... and empty.  So no big breakfast today. #4 was still in bed. Hubs went off shopping (needs smaller pants, his diet is working). The crew came over. I went down to the treadmill for an hour ... still could hear when the fire alarm went off ;)  Then they were gone and the house was quiet again. A few dishes to wash. Checked in with #5, three games today, won two, lost one. Got some elliptical in. #3 came back to get dressed and ready. They had a limo to get downtown. Off to pictures, dinner and the dance. Hubs had a derby and #4 went along (a little unwillingly) to help. Steps 18277. Burn 2408. Intake 2250. 
  • Sunday (0317) Haven't taken a rest day in a while, so did that today. Been awake in the night for a couple hours the last two nights. At least I could sleep in. Made breakfast. #1 and wife came over and made a bean tortilla dish for dinner. Being St. Pats, he asked if I was making cookies, so I did. Copycat Swig with green frosting. The boys played some spike ball. Another trip out to the house (#1 and #3 hadn't seen it yet).  #5 made it home in the evening and Maga came over ... with more cookies. Steps 7728. Burn 2212. Intake 2700.
Five Featured Photos ...

#4 passed his Excel test ... wouldn't pose for a picture (showing his face anyway)

These two took advantage of the snow day for some sledding.

 Crocs? For Prom?

 What a group of guys!

 My two oldest, starting Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...