Time for another TV Tuesday.
Normally, I like to watch a series quickly. Watching while working out, so not really a binge per se ... but sometimes, only a week or so to get through a short season. It's made me spoiled. I don't like waiting between weeks. I want to watch when I want. But, there are two shows that I stayed current with, still generally not catching them as they aired, but ones I'd wait anxiously for and get to as soon as possible. Both because I wanted to see what happened ... and to avoid spoilers.
One of the two was GOT. This one was one Hubs and I were watching together, so I was NOT working out (although there were times in the past when we would watch an episode together in the gym, but it's been a while). Lounging in bed while viewing. Only six episodes in this final season ... and now it's done. In addition to enjoying the episodes, I'd love to check out the memes made after each episode aired. Some funny stuff there!
I didn't watch Grey's "live" from the start. I came into it when there were four or five seasons finished. But from then on, this was one I'd wait for and watch week to week.
Grey's Anatomy would air on Thursday nights. Friday I'd record the episode using my PlayOn service. Then I can cast the recording to any of the roku devices ... including the one in the gym. I could also skip the commercials. Big plus!
While I had a really good routine Monday - Thursday when the kids were in school, my motivation would slip up over the weekend. Knowing I had an episode of Grey's waiting for me would make a Friday or Saturday session in the gym much more appealing. I was sad when the season wrapped up.
I've been meaning to make some posts featuring the movies I've watched, but other than including a quick "What I've Been Watching" on my weekly reports, I haven't gotten around to that. As summer is now in swing though, I think I will be sticking to series. Just featuring one series at a time, watching a season from start to finish before moving on to something else. I won't even have my two week-to-week episodes from GOT and Grey's to break things up.
What are YOU watching lately?


No comments:
Post a Comment