So as mentioned in my last post ... I've gotten a bit lost on my journey. As far as food and fitness goes anyway. I haven't even crunched my numbers for June, and am not sure I will. Not very motivated there. I was still reading, so instead of being at the bottom of my monthly recap like in previous months, books are taking center stage ...
I got through 12 books ... well, 11, because one was a DNF. Life is too short to stick to a book you aren't enjoying. I have placed my books approximately in order of enjoyment (the first three are 2-4 in a series, so they must be in chronological order ... I would have continued on with that series immediately, but the next book has a wait at my library).
- FORMAT: 10 of the books were experienced in audio. I only read one (Menagerie ... my library didn't have an audio copy, my DNF The Princess Trials was also not-audio) and struggled to find enough time to READ, even though I liked it a lot. In fact, it got zapped back to the library after three weeks. Oops! Happily I was able to check it out again immediately and finish up. I just have so much more time to listen and multi-task. I listen whenever I can!
- ACCESS: I was finishing up my KindleUnlimited membership at the start of the month. I wasn't offered any wonderful deals to continue, so I canceled. I do enjoy KU ... but not enough to pay $10 a month for it. Four of the books were KU while I still had it. Then I turned to my library, seven of the reads were borrowed from there. I received one from AudiobookBoom in exchange for a review.
I'm really enjoying the Cail Carriger books. I loved her YA series, and I'd actually read the first two books in this series some years ago. I repeated those, this time in audio, and went on to books 3 and 4 and am waiting for the 5th book, currently on hold. Menagerie is the first in a series and while I really liked it, I don't know if I'll continue on, at least not immediately. I looked at synopsis of the next book and it depressed me. I had a back-to-back novels with suicide as a central theme (not purposely, but then I also happened to watch "Gravity" on Starz, which, again ...)
... as for the month?
We had a wedding (#2 son) and despite the pandemic, had a couple family gatherings (it was two weeks ago, and everyone is still healthy, so whew!) Hubs had some outdoor activities going, #5 is back to basketball (although I haven't been to see a game myself, as spectators are limited, and they've been a little further than I want to travel). We watched the neighbor's dog while they had a weekend away ... much to the chagrin of our kitty.
Weight stayed about the same - high 190s. Didn't track calories. Zumba three days a week ... Mon, Tues and Friday. Started the month outdoors, then got permission to move back into the building (we are a small group, and can easily stay six-feet apart). Tried one last outdoor session when the weather was cool enough, but we got rained on and had to move inside. I've been walking on the treadmill fairly regularly, but haven't hit the elliptical much.
While working out, I was still watching Starz ... finished "Black Sails" and then watched "Gravity". Got a month of Hulu, and started watching "Nashville" (had to find where I was, I'd seen through season four). Totally taking advantage of Xfinity not tracking data usage per the pandemic ... recorded a bunch of shows (which I can now watch without wifi) and I've been doing a ton of computer work/family history/blogging and got a bunch of photos and videos backed up. Lots of sitting doing that though.
So that was June ...


No comments:
Post a Comment