Friday, July 31, 2020

July 2020


I got a bit more reading (listening) in this month. There was some basketball (I listen while I watch, drive to games and go through video) and some work in the house (basement redo). I was doing more than my usual regular reading too. 

When I first discovered digital, and now have 1000s of books at my fingertips, I didn't plan on re-reading books. Not when there is SO much out there. But, there are many that I loved, that I've only read once. Ones I've read, and decided I wanted to experience again, this time in an audio edition. The top row is my re-reads (actually, the last one was an accidental re-read ... I hadn't remembered I had finished the book!). 

TrueL1F3 and Timeless were the final books in their series, ones I was so happy to get and loved! The Hate You Give was very good, and an interesting approach from the library ... always available, unlimited copies. Trying to spread a little awareness given the current racial unrest. Crenshaw was also uncomfortably contemporary, dealing with homelessness.

There were a couple of fantasy that I SHOULD have really liked, but they didn't click for me. Books are still a little hit and miss.

... what I was watching down in the gym ... we got Disney+ and I watched Hamilton. The music by itself hadn't grabbed me (Hubs and #1 had got caught up in it) but combined with the stage production, AND subtitles, so I could catch everything - I really liked it. I don't think Disney had added anything new since I canceled last. Just got it for the month for Hamilton. I shared my login with my Mom and she loved catching The Mandelorian. I still have Starz for a bit, and went ahead and watched some movies. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Jumanji, Little Women, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Equalizer2. Hubs and I even got out to a show, "Mary Poppins" at Hale Theater.

July was a "new" month ... new washer/dryer, new basement fridge, Hubs bought a new truck. We got a new wall in the basement. A growing garden, blooming flowers and an anniversary (28 years, 28 rosebuds). Some family game nights and dinners. Trips to the lake, and quite a bit of basketball for #5.  The 4th of July holiday, and the 24th ... LOTS of fireworks! I was quite productive with my blogging, working on a blog for extended family (28 posts) and for our own family (didn't count them up, but did quite a few from the backlog). 

Weight started at 197.5, ended at 196.1. High was 201.9 and low was 195.6. Average was 198.36 which was up from June's average of 197.18... which I don't think I even bothered to calculate last month. I did go ahead and enter the most basic details of the days (weight, steps, exercise summary). Tried to start counting calories again at the end of the month. Hard to get back into that habit after dropping it. Got Zumba in three days a week. Debbie joined us and that brought new energy! Generally getting in some treadmill, but haven't been able to get back to a good elliptical schedule. I did do weights once!

Covid continues ... mask mandates are now in effect. The school situation is being "discussed" and everyone has very different opinions. #4 will be doing online again (he made the switch last year, but I have to say it's a relief to not really have to think about it with him). #5 insists on going to school physically (although I've told him that may not be his choice at some point, like in Spring). I did talk him into taking two classes online ... although it's more for basketball purposes than Covid concerns.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...