Time for another recap of #jenBsTV and #jenBsMovies ... for the fourth quarter of 2023, I just haven't been getting down to the gym for workouts as much. I'm not sure if some new medication might be partially to blame, or if that's just looking for excuses.
Starting with SERIES ... 11 different shows, 12 seasons.
The first five were in the gym, the rest were upstairs, the evening wind-down with Hubs.
- A Small Light: I'd heard quite a bit of buzz about this one, but we didn't have Disney+. I then realized it was also on Hulu, so I gave it a try. I didn't think I'd be as pulled into the story as I was. I ended up reading AnneFrank's Dairy after watching the show.
- Rabbit Hole: I've been a fan of Kiefer Sutherland since 24 ... but this show? Not so much. Really ridiculous if you give the premise and action any thought at all. Had to force myself to finish.
- Colin from Accounts: This was pretty great. LOVE me an Australian accent.
- 11 Minutes: A documentary ... I was doing a #nonfictionNovember in my books, and had read about the Columbine shooting. This caught my eye. I had heart about things when it happened, but it was interesting to get more information and a retrospective look.
- George&Tammy: I actually thought this was a movie (had seen some ads here and there) and almost decided against it when I saw it was a series (not sure I wanted to invest the extra time). It was good though. I'm not very familiar with either artist ... knew the song "The Race is On" (I'd heard the SawerBrown version ... was singing it over and over in my head throughout the day as I watched this show) and "Stand By Your Man". Probably not the best show for me though, I despise drinking and any show featuring struggles with alcohol and how badly it can affect everyone just brings me down.
- The Queen's Gambit: This was a repeat for me, a first for Hubs.
- Tulsa King: Ehhh, despite high ratings for others, this was just "ehhh" for me.
- The Morning Show - S3: Hubs and I had watched the first couple seasons and waited until the full third season was available before starting up.
- The DropOut: This had been on my radar, and Hubs mentioned it, so we gave it a go. Interesting.
- The Inventor: The actual documentary the Hulu series was based on. Made us both appreciate Amanda Seyfried's performance even more!
- Better Call Saul: Hubs and I finished up seasons 4&5.
My Movies
Two upstairs w/Hubs, the rest watched while working out.
- Interstellar was a rewatch for me. I'd really liked it and thought Hubs would. Hubs thought it was loooong.
- Jerry and Marge Go Large: Another one I'd seen I thought Hubs would like. He did.
- The Little Mermaid: I was hesitant ... I'm not a fan of the live action remake trend. Didn't care for the new songs, but thought this was decent. Still not quite able to see the "No Country For Old Men" guy in this as a merman!
- Detective Pikachu: I've been playing PokemonGo ... my knowledge of Pokemon probably lead me to enjoy this more than I might have otherwise.
- Wild: I'm not a huge fan of "leaving life to go survive" types (Into the Wild, etc) but this was interesting enough to keep me to the end.
- Reptile: Ummm, not really one I liked or will even remember.
- The Road: My son read the book, so I read the book. Figured I'd watch the movie to compare. Interesting to see the similarities and differences.
- Cake: Well that was depressing.
- Waitress: Actually this depressed me too. I struggle a bit with cheating spouses, when we/the audience is cheering for them to get together (he seemed to be in a decently happy marriage).
- Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse: I've seen bits and pieces of this as the boys have watched it a few times. My son said I needed to WATCH it. It was good.
- Family Switch: Over the top silly/corny with some fun moments. I actually wish it wasn't so Christmasy. I can only watch "Christmas" shows in December.
- Must Love Christmas: The past few years I've done the "Christmas Movie" thing ... this year, I watched this one, and it was fine, but just wasn't in the mood for any more (I did do some "Christmas Movies BOOK style" with my reading).
... so there's the quarterly recap.
I wonder if I'll do a year end review.


No comments:
Post a Comment