What I'm Watching Wednesday ... My Move to Movies
Hubs and the boys have been hitting quite a few movies over the years ... but because I have BOYS and they are a little older, some of the Disney fairy tales weren't really on their lists. I tried to catch the various Disney shows over the years ... my boys liked "Frozen" although they didn't see it in theaters. I remember when we first got the DVD, I made sure I watched it start to finish during a workout day, before I saw bits and pieces as the boys watched it upstairs.
When I first made my move to movies ... I started with these three.
I'd heard quite a bit of buzz about Moana. A couple of my boys had watched it in school (Mythology and History). It was on Netflix, so that was an easy one for me to start with. It was cute, I liked it ... there was energy and excitement, which is something I appreciate when watching while working out.
Then,
there were the live action fairy tales, Cinderella and Beauty and the
Beast. I had to borrow Cinderella from the library, but didn't have to
wait long for my hold to come in. Beauty and the Beast had a ton of
holds .... but then it was added to Netflix for instant streaming.
I
liked Cinderella. I liked the Disney cartoon version, but I was glad this
wasn't a live-action recreation of that. It had it's own unique
approach. One of my favorite movies as a teen was "The Slipper and the
Rose" ... another Cinderella retelling. I've never cared for the Rodgers
and Hammerstein version. I starred as Cinderella in a different
stage version during my teen years.
As
for Beauty and the Beast ... I couldn't help but think with as much CGI
as was required to make the beast and the household come to life, that
it was suited for animation so much better. I really liked the original
Disney version. This just didn't really do it for me. I know there is a
stage adaptation, but I haven't seen it.
What will I watch next?

No comments:
Post a Comment