Monday, November 6, 2017

Weekly Report #222

October ended and November is here. A slight shift from the schedule with Halloween, and the elementary early out on Thursday, and no school Friday. Hubs went on a getaway (Vancouver/Seattle), leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday. Weight didn't fluctuate much this week ... but the official weigh-in is down from last Monday. Happy about that.


NUMBERS: Official weight down two pounds, with the average a smidgen down (.06 to 165.23). Average intake was 2243 with average daily burn 2968. Deficit for the week (-2975) keeping intake under burn every day except one. Step average was 26,579 with 92.91 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 1050/1080/1101/1067 with just 45 minutes spent w/weights. 


Life ala Life Cycle ...

EXERCISE: Got in my hour of elliptical six of the seven days. Same for treadmill time. Five Zumba classes, with a little extra on my own. Two times on the bike. Just one weight workout. 

OTHER ACTIVITIES: Three basketball games, one for #2 and two for #5. The two middles signed up for Junior Jazz, so they will be playing starting next month too. The usual driving around and grocery shopping. I had an appointment for a fill at the nail salon and then there was a family party at my folks house. 



Here's a quick look at the day by day ...
  • Monday (1030) Started the day with my hour of elliptical. Zumba w/Debbie ... costumes encouraged. I was a Whoopie Cushion. Two times on the treadmill to finish up my movie ("Life" ... eh). In the evening I went to watch #2 play basketball in his men's league. 29048 steps. 3114 burn. 1500 intake.
  • Tuesday (1031) Halloween! Tried to out cardio my candy calories... an hour of elliptical early, followed by Zumba w/Marian. Just wore a simple "Happy Halloween" t-shirt today. I knew #3 would be in the gym after school, so I made sure to get in my two treadmill times during the day. I even hit the bike in the early evening (put the boys on candy distribution duty). Alas ... over on calories. But I mean, it IS Halloween! Steps 33688. Burn 3191. Intake 2900.
  • Wednesday (11/1) 30k day, with my hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL, two treadmill times and bike. Calories, while under burn, were over goal. Leftover Halloween candy temptations. Some sit down computer time as I got my end of the month activities in (blog post, 1SED video, phone photo backup). Steps 32581. Burn 3290. Intake 2400.
  • Thursday (1102) A little less activity than yesterday, but still a 30k day. Hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL and two treadmill times. I went down for a session on the bike, but tummy was feeling off and I bagged it. Hubs left this morning for a long weekend away. Early out at the elementary, they are off tomorrow. #5 had practice in the evening. 31212 steps. 3211 burn. 2400 intake (I made ... and ate Snickerdoodles).
  • Friday (1103) A little longer sleep in than usual for a Friday with the elementary school out. Still managed 30min on the elliptical before heading to Zumba. 30min more on the elliptical, and some treadmill time later in the day. Steps 26372. Burn 2961. Intake 2500.
  • Saturday (1104) Only 30min elliptical for exercise, although I did some digging out with the ducks. #5 had two games (won both). 13746 steps. 2385 burn. 2100 intake.
  • Sunday (1105) Got in my hour of elliptical and one time on the treadmill. Finished up "Stranger Things" season 2. Family gathering at my folks for November birthdays ... there was cake, and I had some, but I'd kept calories low, so still under goal. Hubs got home from his getaway. 19408 steps. 2623 burn. 1900 intake. 
 What I Watched While Working Out 
Five movies this week ... one each week day. Watched a few "horror/thriller" types as it was Halloween week. Started with "Life" (Ryan Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhaal) and outerspace/alien one. It wasn't great, but had me gagging at one point! Movie #2 was "Split" ... a new addition to the HBO lineup and one my son had liked. Next up was "Cell" a Stephen King adaptation, with John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. Just out in 2016, I hadn't heard anything about this. Started off interestingly enough, a "zombie" twist ... but just seemed a little silly as it went on. At the end I had a "what" moment ... which apparently was intentional. Ahhh, that made more sense. Switched genres to a police mystery ... another one I hadn't heard of, but had a couple big names (Julia Roberts and Nicole Kidman) ... "Secret In Their Eyes" from 2015. Presented in split time (present and past), a bit of a twist at the end which didn't surprise me. It was decent for a workout movie... I'm easier to please on the elliptical than I would be paying big bucks to see something at the theater. Finally on Friday I chose a shorter show "The Shallows" (2016 w/Blake Lively) which only ran 86 minutes, thus only one treadmill time that day. A little silly with the "killer shark" who seems to really hold a grudge and apparently likes eating humans (even when there's a big ol' whale right there). Several scenes had me rolling my eyes, but I also went over my 30minutes as I got a little distracted during an exciting scene. Again ... an acceptable show for the gym, but glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters. Over the weekend, I did NOT get to my "Grey's Anatomy" or other current shows (The Good Doctor and This is Us) but finished up the second season of "Stranger Things" ... successfully finishing it before accidentally seeing spoilers as they boys watched (they finished up this weekend as well).


Five Featured Photos ...
 Fun to see my #2 play again!

I posted MY crazy costume in a previous post ...
Here's a look at a couple of the kids.
 #1 and his girlfriend were a double stuffed Oreo!

#5 adapted his Gordon Hayward jersey ... since he left the Jazz.

 We debated the dinosaur for a costume, but it was a little too hot and hard. 
But check out the bonus video below!

 The boys and I have been enjoying the game app "Fight List" ...
Sometimes it's unintentionally funny!


Bonus Video ...

 
A post shared by BlackhamBall (@blackhamball) on

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been MIA...I come back and you STILL amaze me with your level of exercise and crazy busy schedule!!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...