Not a good week. One little dip right at the start of the week, then up, up, up. Activity was down. Eating was up (up, up). Sometimes I wonder if there is any correlation there ;) Hmmm... I started off good. It was a motivated Monday, but then ... not so much the rest of the week.
NUMBERS: Weight was up (1.8) to 177.5, average up also (also 1.8) to 176.59. There was a big overage at the end of the week (4371) after the average intake (2900) battling the average burn (2776). Just one day with calories under 2000 (that would be Monday), just two days with burn over 3000 (but four days with intake over it, ouch!) and just one 30k day. Step average was 19108 with 43.57 logged miles. Cardio minutes 657/677 (my count), One 683, Versa 677, Zip 831, Garmin 424, Motiv 509. No weights this week.
EXERCISE: My workouts were down quite a bit this week. Hit the elliptical four days, but only got a full hour on two of those days. Four days with a treadmill walk. Ran a 5k on Saturday with the family. Five official Zumba classes (I was the instructor for three of them) with an extra hour on my own. No bike. No weights.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: More family time this week. A visit with my folks, Grandparents and Games for the kids. The Family Fun Run and then we all (sans #2 who had seen it already) went to a movie. Only my second movie at the theater in years.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0625) Good day for eating and activity. 30k day. Got in my hour of elliptical, taught a Zumba class (subbing for Debbie) and then did an hour practice (while supervising the boys playing basketball) and a treadmill walk. 31208 steps. 3267 burn. 1850 intake.
- Tuesday (0626) Not a great day for exercise and activity. While I got my Zumba in (teaching again, with C&S to help out Marian's class), just 30min elliptical for additional exercise. Had the grandparents out, to show them Hub's garage and my garden and to play games with the littles. The older boys both had friends over in the gym in the evening. General overeating in the day topped off with Hub's yummy popcorn. 17600 steps. 2655 burn. 3200 intake.
- Wednesday (0627) Got in my hour of elliptical, and Zumba with MZL. Mowed the lawn, got some grocery shopping steps, and made banana bread. Ate banana bread ... and lots of other things. Hubs was late at the lake with a work buddy. 24654 steps. 3095 burn. 3200 intake.
- Thursday (0628) Started the day running #5 to his ride, he's playing in a basketball tournament today,tomorrow & Saturday. With the crowds/chaos and cost (charging $16 a day to watch!) and prior commitments, I'm not going myself. Zumba w/MZL, some shopping steps, one time on the treadmill, some work in the garden. 17681 steps. 2520 burn. 2900 intake.
- Friday (0629) Didn't get a workout in before Zumba. Carma and I were subbing Debbie's class today. Quick store stop on the way home after. Just one treadmill time for additional exercise. Just lacking in motivation this week. Exercise down. Eating up. Intake was bad, and that was before Hubs made popcorn in the evening. 17843 steps. 2571 burn. 3350 intake.
- Saturday (0630) Got up and ran (wogged) a 5k with the family. All my boys beat me, and two lapped me (as it was a circular course). Time was 37 minutes. No additional exercise for the day, but I mowed the lawn and worked in the garden. 16816 steps. 2546 burn. 3100 intake.
- Sunday (0701) My legs are SORE, mostly my calves. Did 20min on the elliptical, but that was it for exercise. Went to a movie with the family. Incredibles 2. Very cute. Overate ... movie treats and popcorn. Brisket dinner. 7953 steps. 2077 burn. 2700 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
A couple of Netflix original movies ... as I watched Cargo, it was SO reminiscent of a short I'd seen on YouTube years ago (link here). Sure enough, this movie was based on this short clip. While I enjoyed the movie, I have to agree with many commentators, that the short story telling was more powerful. Brain on Fire, based on actual events, was interesting. I liked it.
*** Watched NOT Working Out *Ü* ***
Hubs brought home The Equalizer DVD, as a co-worker told him he needed to see it. I'm a Denzel fan. It was good. Ironically, the gal with the leading role in "Brain on Fire" had a small but pivital role in this film. Then ... Incredibles 2. I've heard such good things about this from everyone, and it lived up to the hype. A solid second in the series.
Five Featured Photos ...
All the guys got a little too much sun last Sunday ... weird spots on #2!
The IceMan cometh ... Hubs taking bags of pebbled ice to work.
My Garden(s) ...
#5 played in a tournament Thurs/Fri/Sat
Family 5k... Hubs and #3 stayed in bed.











Boo to your weight being up! Darn summer and being off your routine!
ReplyDelete