I didn't feel this was a super effective week ... but the scale shifted. Off-schedule Monday, with the Labor Day holiday. No Zumba. Then the return to the routine, but anxiety issues eclipsed Wednesday. A visit to both the school counselor and the doctor. Not much going on over the weekend. Here are the stats ...
NUMBERS: Weight down (-3.1 to 172.2) and average down as well (-1.11 to 173.6) so I was pleased with that. I managed to keep calories in check (-2000) four days this week, and had a deficit (-3252) at week's end. Average intake was 1986. Average daily burn 2903. Three days with 3000+ burn. Two 30k days. Step average was 23609 with 62.18 logged miles. Cardio minutes 785/799, 841/1016/1141 with 40min w/Weights.
Wearing and comparing this week ...
EXERCISE: I hit the elliptical every day this week, achieving my hour five of the seven days. Treadmill time five days, with one day of double duty. Four Zumba classes. One time on the bike, and one time w/Weights.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and getting groceries. Only mowed the lawn once this week. As mentioned at the intro, we needed to make a trip into the school to talk to the counselor, and to the doctor's office. Anxiety sucks! It's something I really struggle with myself.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0903) Labor day. Hubs was off work, the kids out of school, but #2 and #3 had to work. #1 off on his honeymoon. Hubs had cleaned out his closet, so I went through all the clothes, and pulled more out of storage. Huge load to go to goodwill. Hubs switched out some broken blinds and went over to my folks to add more labels to the crates. I got a couple blog posts done, cleaned out straggly stuff from the garden and got in a little exercise. 30min elliptical and two miles treadmill. . 20145 steps. 2746 burn. 2000 intake.
- Tuesday (0904) Stayed active today! Up early, got in my hour of elliptical in while getting the boys off to school. Did another 10min later in the day. Zumba over at the church and two treadmill times ... plus a workout with weights. Whew! 33433 steps. 3476 burn. 1800 intake.
- Wednesday (0905) Anxiety issues overtook the day. I'd hit the elliptical once in the morning, and was about to go down for my second session when I saw #4 struggling emotionally. He's been having a tough time with school, feeling overwhelmed with classes. After talking with him, I called the school to see if we could meet with a counselor to discuss options. The school was so understanding and we moved him out of one class (his AP one, still keeping his advanced math and honors English and honors biology for now) and hope that will help. He stayed home, emotionally exhausted. I still hit Zumba (that's MY medication!). But, medication ... #4 had been on some years ago, and I thought it might be time to revisit that. Made an appointment and was able to get him there today too. So hard to see your kids struggling and sad :( I fit in two more elliptical sessions during the day. 26529 steps. 3031 burn. 2200 intake.
- Thursday (0906) Hour of elliptical in the morning. Zumba w/MZL and treadmill time. I had several other "sport" activities register on my Fitbit (mowing the lawn, weeding, etc) as I stayed active in the afternoon. Some shopping steps earlier as well. #4 made it through school today. #5 had basketball practice. 33044 steps. 3374 burn. 1800 intake.
- Friday (0907) Awake in the night, but finally got back to sleep and slept in a little (can do on late-start school days). One elliptical session in early, then Zumba w/MZL. Two more ellipticals during the day to equal my hour. Grabbed some groceries, drove carpool and got #5 to/from basketball practice. 22070 steps. 2862 burn. 2400 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Three movies this week ... started with HBO, and Good Will Hunting (1997). An old one, I've heard a lot about but had never watched. It was good. Then, The Signal (2017) on Netflix. I wasn't sure what this was going to be like. At one point, I wondered if it was going to be a bit like "Cloverfield" (kids filming, us seeing from the film POV) but that was short lived (and I'm glad). The story itself had promise but then ... the end. Not good. Just shake my head bad. Would not recommend at all. Finally, I decided on a light romance, An Hour Behind (2017) on Amazon Prime. This was very much a Hallmark-ish/Lifetime-ish movie. Not great. Utterly predictable. Okay I guess if that is up your alley.





No comments:
Post a Comment