Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Week #267 (174.8)

Well, up a little this week. A two pound uptick from Sunday to Monday morning for weigh-in. But the week stayed quite consistent before that, so the average is down. Bad fires in the state have caused smokey skies by us ... evacuations for those nearer the flames. Some extended family affected. Hurricane hitting the Carolinas and a typhoon hitting Hong Kong. Scary stuff going on out there. It's been a bit of a stressful week with #4 stressing about school and tests too.

Here at home, it was a pretty good week for my Fitbit stats ...
NUMBERS: Official weigh-in up (2.6 to 174.8) but the average was down (-1.4 to 172.21). Of course the higher weigh-in this week pretty much assures that the average will go up next week. I only kept calories under goal one day. Average in was 2400. Average burn was 2887. I had four days with 3000+ burn. Deficit for the week (-1003). Four 30k days, 24662 was the step average with 66.06 logged miles. Cardio minutes 893/929/1042/1199.

Triple Trackers ... Wearing and Comparing
While the trackers vary quite a bit from each other, they do seem to stay somewhat consistent from week to week (about the same discrepancy between them. Hip always high, wrist the low.)

EXERCISE: I was on the elliptical every day this week. I achieved my hour five of the seven days. Treadmill time four days, with two days of double duty. Five Zumba classes - Me teaching one of them. I even hit the bike once this week, but I neglected weights.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Two basketball games with #5, some family time (visiting #1's place and Maga's house). Lawn mowing time was up a bit. #4 and I did a little shopping for new clothes, and I took the two littles in for much needed haircuts.

Here's the Day by Day ...



  • Monday (0910) Started the day with my hour of elliptical, three 20min sessions. Zumba with K&C then a stop to grab groceries and a car wash. Two treadmill times, two miles walk, one jog. Also a session on the bike. Chicken pillows for dinner with brownies for dessert. I licked the spoon, but didn't have one. 30820 steps. 3219 burn. 1900 intake.
  • Tuesday (0911) Another 30k day. I've been good at getting my hour of elliptical in early, on regular school days anyway. Got the boys off to school and then Zumba over at the church. Fun class as we had a couple new(old) people come. Not as productive as I should have been back at home. Should have done weights today, but didn't. Two treadmill times. Mowed the front lawn. Struggled more with the eating today. 30565 steps. 3133 burn. 2600 intake.
  • Wednesday (0912) A little less official exercise than yesterday, but higher step/burn. More non-exercise activity I guess, although I wouldn't have thought it. That's one reason why I like trackers! Stayed busy. Hour of elliptical early, then Zumba w/MZL. Grabbed some groceries. Two miles treadmill. Took a little walk hand delivering some wedding invitations to neighbors. Some prep for cleaners and garbage day tomorrow. #1 and his wife had come over making some Tinga, we provided the ingredients, they the labor, they took half and left half. Hubs and #4 like it a lot. #5 went to a friend's house after school. I grabbed some pizza after picking him up. Homework help for #4, and Hubs helped #2 with a resume. Felt like a full day! 31924 steps. 3234 burn. 2200 intake.
  • Thursday (0913) Between dealing with #4 (stressed over a math test ... which he got 98% on) and prepping for cleaners, I didn't quite get my hour of elliptical in early. Had to finish the final 10min later in the day. Zumba w/MZL. Stopped at Walmart after, more for house things than groceries today. Two miles on the treadmill. Hubs and #2 picked up an older Nautilus elliptical that Hubs is going to try and take a part from to repair mine (not completely broken yet, but clanking, and they don't make the part anymore). So fingers crossed on that! #5 had basketball practice. 30296 steps. 3159 burn. 2200 intake.
  • Friday (0914) Slept in an extra hour today. Dreams left me unsettled today. One elliptical session in early, two more later in the day. Zumba w/MZL. Double pickup after school as #4 stayed to retake a test. #5 had basketball practice. 21594 steps. 2762 burn. 2700 intake.
  • Saturday (0915) Hubs spent the morning working on my elliptical.He proceeded to take the one he picked up Thurday apart, using the parts to fix my Nautilus. It's so much better now! Two elliptical sessions today. #5 had two games (both losses). Ran the two littles in for haircuts and we went to see #1's apartment in the evening. 12704 steps. 2331 burn. 2300 intake.
  • Sunday (0916) Just two sessions on the elliptical again, but I also mowed the lawn. #1 and wife came over for Sunday Circles. We went to visit Maga. Hubs smoked pulled pork and I made a cheesecake pie (belated "b-day cake" for #1). 14733 steps. 2401 burn. 3000 intake.
What I'm Watching While Working Out... I didn't watch any movies this week. I've gotten a bit burned out. Nothing really calling my name. I returned to some series. I had started "The Good Fight" and I finished season 1 this week. I also watched the Netflix Original "The Innocents" which I quite liked. 

Five Featured Photos ...

Caprese ... Hub's go-to dinner this week. 
The tomatoes are fresh from my garden.

Celebration ala Mexico at Zumba ...olé

Hubs attempting to improve my elliptical.

#2 and his girlfriend did the Dirty Dash (5k)

Belated birthday cake ... cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...