Well, after this past Mother's Day weekend (eating out twice) and not getting to the low from last week, I thought for sure the scale would be up for the official weekly weigh-in. It wasn't. And the average went down over one pound. Eating was okay. Still keeping up with the Intermittent Fasting. Generally 16:8, but sometimes a little longer ... the weekend was off though. It was a good week for fitness Mon-Thurs. Here are my stats and steps ...
NUMBERS: Official weigh-in at 171.9 which was -.1 from last week. The average was down -1.09 to 170.84. I only had one day with eating under goal/2000, but four days with a decent deficit. Deficit for the week just -605 as I had some uber over eating days too. Average intake was 2286. Average daily burn 2802. Step average 23494 with 53.55 logged miles. Cardio minutes 948/1034/1024/1410. Ironically, the highest "active minutes" came in on the Charge2, which had the lowest step count of my three devices. Here's how mine and the family's steps stacked up. 90min w/weights.
STACKED STEPS: Wearing the One on my hip gets more steps than when I wore it on my torso (where I have the Charge2 now). The Versa on my wrist was between the two, but overall, the steps were pretty close this week. My sister and dad made it onto the list. I'm sure #3 would have, but he forgot to sync and so his report was missing Fri/Sat/Sun. #4 was pretty low, he wasn't very active, but also doesn't wear his Alta all the time.
EXERCISE: Only achieved my hour of elliptical four days this week (Mon-Thurs), got a little in on Friday. Treadmill time five days this week, two days had double duty, and I also got a walk in. Four Zumba classes with some extra on my own. One time on the bike. Two weight workouts! OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Out to eat twice ... ala Mother's Day. I actually spend a lot of time doing ducky duty, and just log the extra. We had a duck rescue this week that took some extra time. Yard work and lawn mowing should be making weekly appearances. No basketball games but I hung out at practice with #5 for an hour. A doctor's appointment for #4 and a food run. Went to Wendys. It had been a while since we'd been there last! Didn't get noted (just part of the "home" time) but I spent some time in the sun this week too.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0506) Awake early. Got in my hour of elliptical, then Zumba w/Kirsten. Chatted with a Zumba buddy after class for a bit, then did a quick store stop. Treadmill time and some work in the yard the mowed the front lawn. Hubs was home late, dinner with a work buddy. 30110 steps. 3095 burn. 1800 intake.
- Tuesday (0507) Not a great night, but a productive day. Got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba over at the church, two treadmill times, weights and a session on the bike! Very rainy weather today. 31909 steps. 3078 burn. 2200 intake.
- Wednesday (0508) Hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL then a store stop for groceries. Shopping steps! Two miles on the treadmill too. In the evening, Hubs and I ended up rescuing 10 ducklings that had fallen through a grate, and reunited them with mama. 33708 steps. 3442 burn. 2200 intake.
- Thursday (0509) Started the day with an hour of elliptical. Zumba w/MZL ... Cinco De Mayo celebration, had to switch church buildings due to no power. Cleaning day. I got in two treadmill times and a weight workout. Took #4 to a follow-up doctor appointment after school. It was pretty quick. Stop at Wendys on the way home. Hubs and #3 did a derby and I took #5 to basketball practice. Practiced a little Zumba while I waited. 33293 steps. 3276 burn. 2200 intake.
- Friday (0510) Only one 20min elliptical session today. Got distracted helping #4 with homework that he'd "forgotten". Stop at Smiths after dropping the boys off at school. Planned on hitting the gym again, but #3 and friends were in it all afternoon. Took a walk along the canal. 15576 steps. 2482 burn. 2100 intake.
- Saturday (0511) The littles got haircuts and then #1 took them to a movie (Detective Pikachu). Ended up adding an Xbox1 to our video game arsenal (#1 found it on FB marketplace and the littles bought it with their money). I got in a walk while watching the latest "Grey's Anatomy" and then mowed the lawn. Out to dinner with the folks and MIL for Mother's Day. 14357 steps. 2282 burn. 3000 intake.
- Sunday (0512) Mother's Day. I peeked out the window and one of the ducks was on the wrong side of the fence, so I had to go walk her back. Out to breakfast with the whole family. Restful day, a little sun, a nap. Some popcorn and a show later, then GOT. 5503 steps. 1960 burn. 2500 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Three movies this week. I'd had Mr. Church (2016. IMDB 7.7) on my "to watch" list on Amazon or another streaming service, then it disappeared. But it showed up on Netflix. I enjoyed it. Interesting to see Eddie Murphy in something other than a comedic role. The Jane Austin Book Club (2007. IMDB 6.8) was one I hadn't heard of, although I recognized many of the actors in it. I love Pride and Prejudice, but haven't really read Austin's other works. I liked this movie, even though it didn't have a lot of action or adrenaline (which is helpful when working out). Then I figured I'd watch the Ted Bundy movie (2019. IMDB 6.7). I'd heard some people really liked it, while others found it extremely boring. It kept my interest and I was glad I'd taken the time to watch. When my movies were done, I finished up Humans. Season 3 ... what to watch next? I also finished up Reign (season 1) which is one I "watch" during my weight workouts. As I generally only do one weight workout a week, it's taken a while to get through the season. Caught the most recent "Grey's" and GOT and a couple episodes of Mad Men with Hubs.
*** Five Featured Photos ***
I tend to get sun on my shoulders with my yardwork and mowing, so I wanted to even things out and get a little color on my legs. I set this up in back and got my book to read ... and the cat thought I'd set it all up for him!
I've been watching mama duck at my Wednesday Zumba church, checking on her each week. Last week I could see one egg out of the nest and knew the hatching had begun. This week, she and the babies were gone, with remnants of the nest left behind. Stay safe little duckies!
Speaking of duckies NOT staying safe, a neighbor notified us (we are the "duck people" that others come to) of a mama duck and babies in distress over at our church. Hubs and I went over and mama and one baby were near a grate, a water retention pit, with peeping coming from down below. Hubs was able to get the grate off, needed a ladder to get down (it was around nine feet deep!) and rescued 10 little ducklings! Luckily they all seemed okay, even after such a fall. We reunited them with mama at canal next to the church. I say again, stay safe little duckies!
#2 finished up his Wednesday night league - playing in the championship game (they ended up coming in second place. Still got t-shirts!
Heading out to breakfast ... four boys on their phones!










No comments:
Post a Comment