Well look at that ... a loss. Almost the entire week under 170. Yea! This 16:8 intermittent fasting hasn't really been hard. It really just keeps me from mindless eating in the evening and morning. Overall calories have been quite controlled this week. Quantity ... still could use work on quality. Also got in my activity. 30k Mon-Thurs. 20k Friday and 10k Sat and Sun. Here's my steps and stats:
NUMBERS: Official weekly weigh-in down (-3.8 pounds) to 168.1. Weekly average was down also (-1.78) to 169.06. Achieved a deficit five days. I was able to keep my average intake under goal, at 1757. Daily burn average for the week was 2891. Ended with a deficit for the week (-4665). Four days with 30k/3000+ burn. Step average was 25210 with 54.57 logged miles. Cardio minutes 815/1200/1188/1574 depending on the device. As for how the steps stacked up per device ...
Not bothering to gather the data on the boys ... they aren't doing great. #2 was over 100k, but the other three had their Fitbit's off much of the time, and forgot to sync before the weekly reports came out. I wish they were as addicted to the data as I am!
EXERCISE: I got a full hour of elliptical in five days this week. Still got some in on Saturday, but not an hour. Five days with treadmill time, two of them with double duty. Four Zumba classes and some extra practice on my own. No bike or weights this week.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Also some shopping at the home improvement store for plants and flowers. Then a couple hours yard work getting some gardening in, and getting the lawn mowed. #5 had two basketball games on Saturday, and then I spent a couple hours with family at a bridal shower. A quick school stop to grab a sick kid ...
Here's the Day by Day...
- Monday (0513) Not great sleep. Not a great morning either, as #4 said he wasn't feeling well and didn't go to school :( Kirsten wasn't feeling well either, and had asked Carma and I to sub her class today, so we did. Pretty productive day at home. Got in my hour of elliptical, some extra Zumba, a treadmill time (interrupted though, as I had to help #4 with some scholarship stuff). Hubs and #3 did a Lego derby in the evening for a YSA activity. Kept calories in check. Steps: 31032. Burn 3130. Intake 1700.
- Tuesday (0514) Got my hour of elliptical in early, Zumba at the church. Two treadmill times, had to cut the first one short when the internet went out. Hubs had a gun safe delivered. Weather is turning rainy for the foreseeable forecast, so I did a mow of the front lawn and a little work in the yard. Baked some bread. 32455 steps. 3176 burn. 1600 intake.
- Wednesday (0515) Similar day to yesterday for activity. Hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL ... small class today! Store stop after, stocked up on the granola bars that #2 loves. Two treadmill times. #4 texted from school asking me to come pick him up. He had a small panic attack after math, likely from missing Monday and feeling overwhelmed. Doesn't help to miss MORE, but ... did make him work on some school stuff and we got quite a bit done. I made chocolate chip cookies and #1 grabbed Popeyes for dinner. It was late, past my eating window, but I can't resist Popeyes. 32035 steps. 3192 burn. 2300 intake.
- Thursday (0516) Didn't quite get my hour of elliptical in early, as I needed to do some cleaning prep, get garbage cans out, etc. Zumba w/MZL, then I stopped at Lowes. Grabbed some soil, veggie plants and flowers. Worked in the yard for a few hours, getting flowers planted and filling in holes in the lawn. Prepping the garden a bit, got the tomato plants in and planted some seeds. Didn't make it to the gym for treadmill, but still hit my 30k! Got my final 10 min elliptical in to equal my hour anyways. Hubs headed out for Moab with a couple work buddies. #5's basketball practice was canceled, so we had the night off. Early to bed, I was exhausted! 31581 steps. 3494 burn. 1300 intake.
- Friday (0517) Got a little elliptical in early, then took the boys to school. Stopped by Smiths on the way home to grab groceries and a prescription. Got more elliptical to equal my hour, and got a treadmill time. Watched the "Grey's" season finale ... I'll miss it. It motivated me to at least one weekend workout. #3 had the senior dinner dance tonight. #5 had practice, I dropped him off. Another "early to bed" night. When Hubs is gone, I either stay up later than usual, or crash quicker ... 22004 steps. 2692 burn. 1600 intake.
- Saturday (0518) Made breakfast for the littles, they were the only ones around in the morning. Got a treadmill time in. Hubs headed home, and made it just as I was leaving with #5 to his basketball games. Won the first, lost the second, and #5 took it hard. There were tears. Got him home, then I headed to a bridal shower for my niece at my mom's house. 10991 steps. 2141 burn. 1700 intake.
- Sunday (0519) Hadn't been able to do my usual lawn mowing Friday or Saturday with all the rain. Sprinkles still forecast for today, but I managed to get the mowing in. Hubs headed to work, making up the work he missed Friday. Unfortunately it kept him there all day ... and it was the GOT finale! He said I couldn't watch it without him, now I have to stay off social media completely until we see it.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Went with a bit of a theme in my movie choices this week ... based on true events/inspirational stories. All on Netflix. Walk, Ride, Rodeo (2019. IMDB 6.4) was just okay for me. 22 July (2018. IMDB 6.7) was interesting. Glad for captions with the accents and low talking at times. Interesting politically, as there are such strong feelings about immigrants and different cultures here and now. July 22 is my wedding anniversary though! The Stray (2017. IMDB 5.5) was filmed here in Utah, and one of my high school friends had her little girl in it, playing the middle child, Rachel. I thought she was cute, but didn't care much for the movie. Just MY personal preference, but I don't like when it starts out with some big action, and then goes to "1 year earlier" or whatever and builds up to the event we already saw. Much of the writing and acting was just not very good. The guy's boss? Really? Elementary kid can just walk off the school grounds without anyone objecting? The scene in the principal's office. Two families sending their nine year olds off with an almost stranger for an overnight backpacking trip. It starts snowing, then lightening strikes. Now I'm not a weather expert, but since I had a son with a weather phobia I have noticed things. I've never seen lightening with snow (we didn't have any weather issues with our son during the winter). A lightning strike hits the tent, when there are tons of taller trees around ... and goes through all five, when they weren't really touching. SPOILER ... the dog dies, the dad almost dies, but then he hikes out with the boys and just drops them off without even talking to their parents about what happened. He doesn't even go to the doctor to get himself checked out. I'll admit in spite of all my negativity, I teared up a time or two, but I'd really only recommend the movie if you like Hallmark/After School Special type shows. On IMDB, people either LOVED it with a 9/10 rating, or hated it with a 1. Personally I'd give it a 3/4.
Beyond movies, Hubs and I watched episode 5 of GOT. It was the last Grey's Anatomy for this season. I'm sad. Having that weekly episode helped motivate me to get into the gym over the weekends, when I need the push. I've still been watching Colony/Season 3, and started Killing Eve, getting a couple episodes in.
*** Five Featured Photos ***
I love lilacs! Wish they lasted longer!
I actually wore a tank to Tuesday's Zumba.
The buildings can get so hot!
Baked some bread ... took some extra loaves to Zumba on Wednesday.
Popeyes and chocolate chip cookies.
Eating was over this day.
Spotted on the road by the canal ...










No comments:
Post a Comment