Yikes ... I'm late getting my weekly weigh-in post up this week. But, it fell on Christmas Day, it's somewhat understandable that I didn't sit down at the computer as is my usual routine Mid-Monday. Happily, I did receive my Fitbit report with weekly stats (it's automated, hopefully employees had the day off to spend with their families). Even with all the holiday craziness and a birthday (#5 turned 12) Mon-Thurs were fairly structured, still on schedule. But then the end of the week, and next week? The schedule is shot! Holi-Daze!
STATS: Official weight was down 2.1 pounds, but the average was up (1.41 to 168.44) and unfortunately that's likely more indicative of current trends. Average intake was 2229. Average burn 2680. There was a small deficit for the week (-613). Step average was 21,042 with 55 logged miles. Cardio minutes 730/762/788/751 ... oops again, no time w/weights. Three 30k days, four 3000+ burn.
EXERCISE: As I mentioned above ... Monday-Thursday stayed on schedule. Those four days I got in my hour of elliptical, treadmill time and Zumba. I only hit the treadmill once on Wednesday and I got a little extra elliptical in Friday. Only four hours of Zumba, but all that time before/after class adds up ... I TRY to do some Zumba at home to make the graph correct, but I only did about 10 min on my own at home this week.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Some driving around, and the usual grocery shopping. A little "other" shopping too (some was for the ducks). We had a birthday dinner out, and a family party Sunday on Christmas Eve.
Here's a look at the Day by Day ...
- Monday (1218) Almost 32k today. Started with an hour of elliptical early, then Zumba with Debbie, and then two treadmill times. A little grocery shopping, house cleaning and we finally put up the Christmas tree. Steps 31942. Burn 3251. Intake 1800.
- Tuesday (1219) Same exercise activity as yesterday, but distance was slightly less. I guess I didn't push as much. Hour of elliptical, Zumba w/Marian and two treadmill times. A stop at Lowes, work on the duck pen, wrapping presents ... Steps 31602. Burn 3150. Intake 2300.
- Wednesday (1220) Happy Birthday to my baby boy. 12 years old. I got in the usual hour of elliptical in the morning and Zumba w/MZL, but only one treadmill time during the school day ... out to dinner with the family in the evening. 27248 Steps. 3021 burn. 2500 intake.
- Thursday (1221) Last school day before Christmas break. It was early out at the elementary. I got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL and two treadmill times. #5 still had basketball practice in the evening. 32678 steps. 3260 burn. 2200 intake.
- Friday (1222) Kids out of school ... and I'm off schedule. Just two 20min sessions on the elliptical today. Spent several hours on the annual extended-family slideshow for the party this Sunday. 10532 steps. 2076 burn. Not taking a break from tracking calories ... but not being very good at logging either. Diary says about 2000, but I'm thinking it's low.
- Saturday (1223) No exercise, not very active. Baked chicken for soup tomorrow. Made chex mix. 4486 steps. 1842 burn ... didn't accurately count calories.
- Sunday (1224) Christmas Eve. Made breadsticks and chicken noodle soup. Family party with my side. Family photo, slideshow, candy bar game ... actually went to bed EARLY on Christmas Eve (had to get up in the night for Santa stuff). 8804 steps. 2161. 2500 calories.
What I Watched While Working Out
Four good workout days ... four movies. Started with Anesthesia (2015) which I'd never heard off. It had several familiar faces in it though. I think it was attempting to be like "Crash" (which I really liked) with the interweaving stories, but it didn't quite click for me or really impact me the way Crash did. Out of the Furnace (2013) was just depressing. While the blurb says it's about a man attempting to find justice for his brother when the law won't ... that part of the storyline doesn't even come into play until more than 2/3 through the movie. Didn't love it. Logan Lucky (2017) was just recently in theaters, and Hubs and the boys had gone to see it there ... and had been throwing quotes out ever since. "Cali-flower? Did you just say califlower?" "I am in-car-cir-a-ted" "I looked it up on the Google" "It was JV" ... anyway, we had a "free" Redbox rental so Hubs grabbed it and I finally got around to watching it (and the family re-watching it, but I watched it myself in my gym). It was a lot of fun, and now I get all the jokes much better. Finally Bridge of Spies (2015) which was longer than two hours ... I tacked a little onto another gym day. I'm a Tom Hanks fan, and I quite liked this "based on actual events" retelling. Twice during the movie, Tom Hank's character turns to a placid fellow and asks him "Don't you ever worry" to which the man replies "Would it help?" ... does it help? It hit me, as did everything about this movie. While parts were difficult to watch, it definitely had a uplifting moments too. It will stick in my memory and I would recommend it.
Five Featured Photos ...
Wednesday "Wedding Setup" Zumba
... birthday dinner
The birthday boy and Maga!
Christmas Eve Family Photo
... Santa came!







No comments:
Post a Comment